Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have any of your mods deleted important things?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where an appointed mod of yours decided to damage the site? Many years ago a friends site had this happen. One of their mods got mad about something the site owner did and he decided to go through the forum, deleting everything, including topics that were around for years. Thankfully the site owner had backups of all of this, but has a mod ever done something like this to your site? How did you deal with it if so?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I never have had any experience with this kind of stuff on my site. I also do not kn ow about any sites where the moderators went on a rampage to damage the site by deleting posts. However, things like this one cannot be completely ruled out. As a moderator on various sites, I have never deleted any important thing, knowingly or unknowingly.

A moderator haven't done this kind of act in my forum and it's something that I would be very pissed for should it ever happen because I won't waste time to train all the moderators for any of them to end up deleting am important things. Although I have witnessed something similar in another forum where I'm among the staff where a mod messed up important threats by deleting some and moving some to the wrong section.

I've never experienced it myself, but I've heard enough stories. I love that we can delete from public eye, but not permanently delete. You can permanently delete - but you'd have to take another step to do so. So if it was accidental - at least it is fixable! If it was done on purpose it's possible to get things back, but who knows how much else you'd have to recover!

I've never experienced it myself, but I've heard enough stories. I love that we can delete from public eye, but not permanently delete. You can permanently delete - but you'd have to take another step to do so. So if it was accidental - at least it is fixable! If it was done on purpose it's possible to get things back, but who knows how much else you'd have to recover!

Soft deleting is the best privilege to allow your moderators to use whenever they want to delete anything from the forum. This would make it very easy for you to back track anything they deleted which is very important. I have witness a mod abuse this delete feature because he's having problems with a particular member in one forum. We had to sack the mod because he violated the mod work ethics.

This has never happened to me when I have hired any moderators on my forums. I only ever allow moderators to soft-delete anything they feel needs to be deleted so that if it was done by mistake or if it was something that really did not need deleting, it could be restored without any issues at all.

Has there ever been a time where an appointed mod of yours decided to damage the site? Many years ago a friends site had this happen. One of their mods got mad about something the site owner did and he decided to go through the forum, deleting everything, including topics that were around for years. Thankfully the site owner had backups of all of this, but has a mod ever done something like this to your site? How did you deal with it if so?

This has never happened to me, but it is strange that an administrator of a forum didn't know when the moderator began to act funny. The signs are always there and if you don't act at first warning, these things will definitely happen. I am very careful with hiring moderators as I want to be sure that you are loyal before I do.

This has never happened to me, but it is strange that an administrator of a forum didn't know when the moderator began to act funny. The signs are always there and if you don't act at first warning, these things will definitely happen. I am very careful with hiring moderators as I want to be sure that you are loyal before I do.

It is very unfortunate that there are some admins who own a forum that are not really that committed to that forum. This is because they are mostly not around and this is part of the reason why they don't find out whenever one of the staff members started misbehaving to the point where they begin messing up things in the community.

I've never faced this problem with my moderator deleting an important thing in the forum. If I hire any new staff (moderator), I train them for 3 weeks and have them work on probation for 1 week. The 4 weeks training and probation will teach all they needed to know. They will hardly make a mistake in doing their job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds