Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has someone ever threatened legal actions against you?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
Be it on or offline, have you ever had this happen?

I recently received a message from a lawyer stating that his client is looking to press legal fees against me for "stealing" his idea. It was very vague and is dealing with a site I run and manage, and have been doing so for well over 10 years now. It would be impossible for me to have stolen anything.

Advertisement Placeholder
No one has ever threatened legal action against me.

I recently received a message from a lawyer stating that his client is looking to press legal fees against me for "stealing" his idea. It was very vague and is dealing with a site I run and manage, and have been doing so for well over 10 years now. It would be impossible for me to have stolen anything.
Did they show proof of theft or what they claimed was this person's idea? Bear in mind, these letters are just ways of scaring people into doing something. It doesn't mean they will seek a legal fight against you. This is just a tactic to try and scary people away from your own ideas. I'm sure this person has a similar idea to you, but you probably had the idea longer, in which case this person has no leg to stand on. But if they have proof they own the idea before you started it, then this person may have something.

I don't know the whole story, and I doubt you'd want to share it. If they haven't shared any proof, ask them for said proof. Or you could ignore it and see what happens. For all we know this person could be mass emailing people with legal threats trying to find someone who will pay or something. Is this person asking for compensation? If so, that would be my guess, mass emailing people in the hopes they can trick someone into paying them.

No one has ever threatened legal action against me.

Did they show proof of theft or what they claimed was this person's idea? Bear in mind, these letters are just ways of scaring people into doing something. It doesn't mean they will seek a legal fight against you. This is just a tactic to try and scary people away from your own ideas. I'm sure this person has a similar idea to you, but you probably had the idea longer, in which case this person has no leg to stand on. But if they have proof they own the idea before you started it, then this person may have something.

I don't know the whole story, and I doubt you'd want to share it. If they haven't shared any proof, ask them for said proof. Or you could ignore it and see what happens. For all we know this person could be mass emailing people with legal threats trying to find someone who will pay or something. Is this person asking for compensation? If so, that would be my guess, mass emailing people in the hopes they can trick someone into paying them.

I also think that if a person has a great idea, then he must write it down and prepare a document. After that, he must place a copyright trademark. He must also mention the date as well. This may be a really great way to "protect" your idea from people who may steal your idea in the first place.

In the past, I had to deal with multiple court cases. All of these cases were related to property ownership. I won a few cases, and lost some cases.

Yes of course, someone have threatened to take a legal action against my business of poultry and fish farming, he actually did carried it out. It was the one and only legal case that I have faced in running my business of poultry and fish farming for over 6 years. He sued my business for pollution of the neighbourhood.

Some of these threats are empty and they can't carry out any action unless you are sure that you did something wrong. Stealing a content or an idea is a big offence in my country. So, I wouldn't want to be in a situation where someone will accuse me of such.

Some of these threats are empty and they can't carry out any action unless you are sure that you did something wrong. Stealing a content or an idea is a big offence in my country. So, I wouldn't want to be in a situation where someone will accuse me of such.

Personally, I don't take any chances when someone have come open to put the threat to me. I will make all the necessary arrangements to be ready for them so that I don't get taken by surprise if they ended up being serious about carrying out their threat.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds