Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone ever stole your food from employee fridge?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When I worked at the call center a few years back, I remember we had a cafeteria area with a couple fridges. In those fridges, people could put their lunches and snacks in there. I remember we were told during orientation, that you need to write your name on your food, otherwise people will steal it and eat it. Even if you put your name, I guess people are still known to take what isn't there's.

Anyway, has anyone ever stole food from you from these employee fridges? When I worked at the call center, I never brought in a lunch, just ate a snack I would bring in and that was it. Probably not the healthiest, but it was fine for me.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is hilarious 😂 and have never happened at my workplace. I don't even think such is going to happen at all since everyone working here mind their business and respect themselves. I mean what is the need for stealing food when you should have yours as well.

When I worked at the call center a few years back, I remember we had a cafeteria area with a couple fridges. In those fridges, people could put their lunches and snacks in there. I remember we were told during orientation, that you need to write your name on your food, otherwise people will steal it and eat it. Even if you put your name, I guess people are still known to take what isn't there's.

Anyway, has anyone ever stole food from you from these employee fridges? When I worked at the call center, I never brought in a lunch, just ate a snack I would bring in and that was it. Probably not the healthiest, but it was fine for me.

No one have ever stolen my food from our employee fridges. I don't use the general fridge for all employees but the one in my office. Other employees come to keep their own food in my own office fridge. I'm the one who accepts and puts it in for them. When they want it back, I will give it back to them.

I have never worked in an organization where I could carry my food and keep it inside the fridge. While some of the organizations I worked for did not offer food and snacks, I have worked in companies that offered lunch and snacks for the staff. I never heard of anyone stealing food.

Office life and Hostel life are same somewhere if you found friends like brother and they are friendly. It didn't happen to me but on my work place others share things with each other.

I have never worked in an organization where I could carry my food and keep it inside the fridge. While some of the organizations I worked for did not offer food and snacks, I have worked in companies that offered lunch and snacks for the staff. I never heard of anyone stealing food.

It is always a disgraceful situation to even hear that someone's food is missing at the workplace. How will one process this kind of information? What is the reason a staff will go that low just to eat is something that I will never understand at all.

Well, my food hasn't been taken from the fridge but actually mine wasn't even food, it was drink. I remembered a staff was celebrating her Birthday and decided to buy us drinks and snacks, then i instructed the person in charge to keep my drink in the fridge that once i was done with work i will have my drink but i met nothing in the fridge. I asked but no one could account for it

Well, my food hasn't been taken from the fridge but actually mine wasn't even food, it was drink. I remembered a staff was celebrating her Birthday and decided to buy us drinks and snacks, then i instructed the person in charge to keep my drink in the fridge that once i was done with work i will have my drink but i met nothing in the fridge. I asked but no one could account for it

Something like this actually happened to me and it was almost similar that it was in a birthday party that I had the same experience as well. I had actually collected the drink and I'm supposed to take and I dropped it in the fridge because I was doing some other things. When I was done eating and decided to get the drink, it was nowhere to be found.

Something like this actually happened to me and it was almost similar that it was in a birthday party that I had the same experience as well. I had actually collected the drink and I'm supposed to take and I dropped it in the fridge because I was doing some other things. When I was done eating and decided to get the drink, it was nowhere to be found.

There are many offices where they have refrigerators. However, I have never worked in any kind of organisation where they had such kind of refrigerators. The fact of the matter remains that I used to work part-time and I usually used to have meals before leaving for work. Stealing food is a bad thing.

There are many offices where they have refrigerators. However, I have never worked in any kind of organisation where they had such kind of refrigerators. The fact of the matter remains that I used to work part-time and I usually used to have meals before leaving for work. Stealing food is a bad thing.

Stealing food will bring disunity in the workplace and will also make a lot of staff to start looking at one another awkwardly. It doesn't even make any sense to me at all that a staff member will want to steal food that doesn't belong to them. What are they really trying to achieve with such a distasteful act?

Stealing food will bring disunity in the workplace and will also make a lot of staff to start looking at one another awkwardly. It doesn't even make any sense to me at all that a staff member will want to steal food that doesn't belong to them. What are they really trying to achieve with such a distasteful act?

I really do not know why would someone steal food. This is quite possible for someone to steal food, however, it would be a really embarrassing situation if they ever get caught. I think that such kind of people may need some kind of help. Stealing food is wrong, no matter what.

I've never experienced that before. Food theft from an employee fridge is unfortunately not uncommon in the workplace. It can be frustrating and disheartening for the person who has their food stolen. There are a few things that companies can do to try to prevent food theft, such as installing security cameras, implementing a zero-tolerance policy, and providing more storage options for employees. If someone's food is stolen from the fridge, they should report it to their manager or HR department. They should also consider keeping their food in a labeled container or lunchbox to make it less likely to be confused with someone else's food.

While working at the call center, I didn't experience food theft, but it's a common issue in shared employee fridges. the practice of labeling food with names aims to deter theft, emphasizing the need for workplace consideration and respect.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds