Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Guest posting

Credits
A blog needs to be updated with fresh content frequently, and as a blogger, it might not be possible to write new blog posts frequently, so a lot of bloggers allow guest posting on their blogs. There are two major benefits, one, you will have a new article, and two the new post will bring new readers. Most of the time, you get free content from gest writers.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't really blog, but in terms of forums, I don't see a need for guest posting generally. It seems like it's just asking for spam and content you might not want on your forum. There's a lot of Jcink forums that require you to have a guest-open advertisement forum for staff to link their advertisement when you link from their forum, but I still am skeptical about allowing guest posting.

I don't really blog, but in terms of forums, I don't see a need for guest posting generally. It seems like it's just asking for spam and content you might not want on your forum. There's a lot of Jcink forums that require you to have a guest-open advertisement forum for staff to link their advertisement when you link from their forum, but I still am skeptical about allowing guest posting.
I agree. Just another thing to moderate more. I would rather have no guests able to post because you never know their true intensions. Back in the day people would spam a board and it would take hours to clean up. Not sure if that ever happens nowadays though. The moderation is certainly much easier nowadays if that would happen.

When it comes to forums I don't allow guest posting. I feel that there would be too much spam being added to my forums if I did this. As for hiring a guest writer for my blog, it would have to be someone knowledgeable with Sonic the Hedgehog, and they would have to be as passionate for the blue blur as I am. As of now, I'm the only writer for my blog and have no intentions in hiring another writer anytime soon.

I agree. Just another thing to moderate more. I would rather have no guests able to post because you never know their true intensions. Back in the day people would spam a board and it would take hours to clean up. Not sure if that ever happens nowadays though. The moderation is certainly much easier nowadays if that would happen.
You also generally don't know as much of their personal information if they were to post as a guest than a member.

Moderation technology has certainly bettered over the years where you can generally deal with spammers at ease, but as you said, you never know what guests' intentions will be.

A blog needs to be updated with fresh content frequently, and as a blogger, it might not be possible to write new blog posts frequently, so a lot of bloggers allow guest posting on their blogs. There are two major benefits, one, you will have a new article, and two the new post will bring new readers. Most of the time, you get free content from gest writers.
Inviting guests on a forum has both its benefits and disadvantages. Guests could post innovative content which could freshen up the forum, and coax opinions out of numerous people but they could also be spammers

As much as guest posting would help a lot in terms of getting content onto your forum or even blog, the big issue I have with it is you would have to moderate it to prevent spam and anything being posted that is not appropriate for your site. This then leads to so much more work for you as the owner or for the mods of your site. I myself would rather have it set so that only registered members can post so that there is less chance of spam and unwanted things being posted. Makes more sense to have them spend 2 minutes registering than have to spend hours moderating new posts.

I find guest posting an interesting concept. I know in the past, in my early days of forums, they may have had a guest section so members could interact with guests and guests could decide if they wanted to commit to the community. It would be difficult to moderate these guests, other than IPs, but since so many use cell phones I think they could have always changing IP addresses so that would be complicated.

It's still pretty common over in the RP sphere to have guest posting boards for site-to-site advertising, though the niche in general doesn't get enough traffic for it to be especially worth it for spammers to bother spamming.

It's interestingly not well supported by forum platforms these days, not like it used to be; the internet used to be more trusting.

I have seen only a handful of forums that allow guest posting, this was only for a short time (normally at the very beginning of their journey) before they realised how awful of a system it is. I can see the benefits of having accounts that are "sponsored" to post content, this could potentially be it's own user group and more of an advertisement post than anything.. Who knows! Guest posts for blogs are great, I agree. They allow a different writing variety but also exposure for yourself and the guest writer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds