Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Guest Blogging?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think guest blogging can be an excellent thing and can enhance the topics and discussion points of your blog, but it does require quite a good team behind it to ensure that the articles are upto scratch, don't contain any offensive material and are grammatically correct, so I see why it is not always favoured over hiring full time editors. I've worked on a couple of Editorial Teams where deciphering peoples articles often killed a lot of my time- sometimes it was fun and taught me new skills editing wise, but other times it was down right frustrating.

I think guest blogging can be an excellent thing and can enhance the topics and discussion points of your blog, but it does require quite a good team behind it to ensure that the articles are upto scratch, don't contain any offensive material and are grammatically correct, so I see why it is not always favoured over hiring full time editors. I've worked on a couple of Editorial Teams where deciphering peoples articles often killed a lot of my time- sometimes it was fun and taught me new skills editing wise, but other times it was down right frustrating.

I was actually the Editorial Team Leader Assistant on Forum Promotion a few years ago, so I was responsible for proofreading/editing the many blog posts that were created by members of the community. It was certainly beneficial to allow regular users to contribute to the blog, considering the valuable content that was brought to it. Still, it was a pain. There were plenty of posts that we received that were absolute garbage. There was also a few circumstances where we edited blog posts to the point of where we were basically writing the posts ourselves. :p

I was actually the Editorial Team Leader Assistant on Forum Promotion a few years ago, so I was responsible for proofreading/editing the many blog posts that were created by members of the community. It was certainly beneficial to allow regular users to contribute to the blog, considering the valuable content that was brought to it. Still, it was a pain. There were plenty of posts that we received that were absolute garbage. There was also a few circumstances where we edited blog posts to the point of where we were basically writing the posts ourselves. :yum:
Yeah I know your pain. I helped edit articles as the blog began to reopen and while it was fun and rewarding, it was a bit of a pain :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds