Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Guaranteed Success?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about the notion that paid software (VB, XF and IPB) for example helps your site be better than the competition?

By this, I mean in terms of a General Chat site, would you say that if ones on XF and the other is on MyBB, it would mean that the XF forum was miles better than the MyBB one just due to its software choice?

I personally think that whilst software choices can help your success, it doesn't mean you are going to be a success in any way.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't believe that it necessarily affects your forum, it may just be psychological- you've paid for a forum software so now you have to prove that it's worth it. There are still a lot of forums on paid software that fail. Sadly because a lot of beginners start off with free forum software I suppose the stats are slanted in the paid softwares favour.

I think that people who think paid software will make them more successful than using a free software are simply just wasting their money and supporting a myth.

Look at Hack Forums, that is a huge forum and others have tried to compete even with paid software and they never make it.

Its all about what your forum can offer to a user not what type of software it is :) I know of big boards that use ProBoards and are doubling membership and posts each month ;)

It does give you a slight advantage, but depending on the amount of work you put in, you could be successful either way.

Luck is pretty helpful! But the biggest factor is hard work. If you're willing to spend hours promoting your forum and being active on it, then you will succeed.

xpl0iter said:
I think its purely psychological. Paid or free, the forum will be successful with a little bit of luck and a lot of hardwork!

Could not be more true. All forums are dependant upon a team of people/admin who are wholly dedicated to the project. Advertise around and of course, luck is always a factor. Paid software can offer an advantage to some niches I think but it is not guaranteed success by a long mile.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds