Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Going on your phone while at work

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When you're at work, do you ever go on your phone during off hours or when there's nothing going on? I know some businesses and jobs don't even let you use your phone during work hours. I knew some people who had more relaxed jobs, where they could even listen to music on their phones and still get their jobs done. I wish more jobs allowed such things when working.

Have you ever gotten in trouble for using your phone during work hours?

Advertisement Placeholder
The company where I am employed is not that strict when it comes to making use of your smartphone whenever you are working. You are only expected to be using your phone when you don't have anything doing and even if you are doing that, you should still be careful the way you're using it. This is so that it doesn't look like it is your phone that you came to work to press and not actually do a job.

I have never worked in a strict working environment. In my last two jobs, I was even allowed to work on my web projects if I was free. I could use my phone and a personal laptop during wok hours if I had managed to complete my assignments and tasks. I do not know why some companies have to be strict with staff.

I have never worked in a strict working environment. In my last two jobs, I was even allowed to work on my web projects if I was free. I could use my phone and a personal laptop during wok hours if I had managed to complete my assignments and tasks. I do not know why some companies have to be strict with staff.

I believe that one of the reason why some companies are usually strict with their staff is because they have this mindset that some of their staff will end up manipulating the privilege that is given to them by not working when they are supposed to because they are distracted with focusing on their own personal project instead of their office duties.

I have never worked in an environment where you cannot use your phone in your free hours, it is true that when you are working you should not do it, you should focus solely on your work and leave distractions behind, but during downtime you should be able to do what you want, I generally use my cell phone little and I have never used it while I have work to do.

There was a friend of mine who worked in a hotel here some years ago, according to her, all their staffs are not allowed to work with their smartphone. They are only allowed access to their smartphone during their break time. They submit their phones once they check in at work, take it during their break, submit it back and get it finally when they close for work.

The company where I am employed is not that strict when it comes to making use of your smartphone whenever you are working. You are only expected to be using your phone when you don't have anything doing and even if you are doing that, you should still be careful the way you're using it. This is so that it doesn't look like it is your phone that you came to work to press and not actually do a job.

There are many companies where you are allowed to use phone and i do not think that there should be any problem with that unless your company is very secretive about their activities. Indeed, there are many such kind of companies that never allow their employees to use phone.

When you're at work, do you ever go on your phone during off hours or when there's nothing going on? I know some businesses and jobs don't even let you use your phone during work hours. I knew some people who had more relaxed jobs, where they could even listen to music on their phones and still get their jobs done. I wish more jobs allowed such things when working.

Have you ever gotten in trouble for using your phone during work hours?

I am very careful not to use my mobile devices when I am at work. I wouldn't want to be in the bad books of the boss. So, focusing and planning better on how to handle it is a much better incident for me instead. I just keep the phone aside and use it when I am less busy at the office.

There are many companies where you are allowed to use phone and i do not think that there should be any problem with that unless your company is very secretive about their activities. Indeed, there are many such kind of companies that never allow their employees to use phone.

The problem is that there are some employees that don't know when they are overdoing things which they shouldn't be doing because in a situation whereby a company allows you as an employee to make use of your smartphone when you are still working, you should know that they are giving you a grace to use your phone judiciously. This is so that it doesn't impact on your work in a negative way but some people failed to do that.

I can go to my smartphone when I'm at work. The company where I'm working doesn't clamp down against the use of smartphone at work. I'm old enough to know I shouldn't abuse a privilege given to me in allowing me to use my phone at work.

I am very careful not to use my mobile devices when I am at work. I wouldn't want to be in the bad books of the boss. So, focusing and planning better on how to handle it is a much better incident for me instead. I just keep the phone aside and use it when I am less busy at the office.

Whenever it is against the company's policies for you to make use of smartphone during your working hours, it is always going to be in your best interest to avoid doing that especially when your boss or supervisor is around. This is so that you don't get yourself into a very serious problem.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds