Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forums That Will Never Die

TheWhiteNinja978

Renowned member
Credits
I didn't know where to post this at, but basically post what forums you think will live onto there expectations and rise above.:)

This forum, ForumPromotion, HackForums.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that at some point forums will become a thing of the past. New and cooler platforms may arrive and will replace forums. That's my prediction; let's see how it goes.

As of now, forums like Forum Promotion, Warrior Forum, Digital Point etc. are looking good to be around for a while.

I think that at some point forums will become a thing of the past. New and cooler platforms may arrive and will replace forums. That's my prediction; let's see how it goes.

As of now, forums like Forum Promotion, Warrior Forum, Digital Point etc. are looking good to be around for a while.
It's not about activity. It's about the quality of the content.
True and more true.

I've seen a lot of forums with a lot of members that people thought would be around for a long time and then end for whatever reason. The owners decided to close them instead of selling them at the height of their popularity, division swept in, the owners lost interest in them,etc. Forums are here one day and gone the next.

With that being said, I think that Website Forums will be around for a very long time too come.

I didn't know where to post this at, but basically post what forums you think will live onto there expectations and rise above.:smiley:

This forum, ForumPromotion, HackForums.
FP? That place has been going down hill for a very long time. I have over 5000 posts over there and joined back in 2009 some time...
FP reminds me of a playground at an Elementary school. I quit advertising my host there because it's always kids asking for everything for nothing in return. To me, the forum is useless. I like a mature community, people that know what they are talking about and people I can debate with and get proven wrong on stuff that allows me to learn about things. Not see 5 pages of topics asking "What's your favorite color?" "What is your dogs name?" and so on.

FP? That place has been going down hill for a very long time. I have over 5000 posts over there and joined back in 2009 some time...
FP reminds me of a playground at an Elementary school. I quit advertising my host there because it's always kids asking for everything for nothing in return. To me, the forum is useless. I like a mature community, people that know what they are talking about and people I can debate with and get proven wrong on stuff that allows me to learn about things. Not see 5 pages of topics asking "What's your favorite color?" "What is your dogs name?" and so on.

I somewhat agree with you. That place has many young people (many are under the age of 20). But, I still think that it can be worthwhile to advertise certain products/services over there. For example, if you have a new forum, you can get a bunch of users from there.

... if you kiss arse and play nicely. That's not how you should be getting members.

No, you don't have to kiss butt. You can pay as well. The idea is to give your forum some new threads and new replies.

I don't own a forum and I don't have time for forum management. I was referring to those with new forums and virtually zero past experience.

I somewhat agree with you. That place has many young people (many are under the age of 20). But, I still think that it can be worthwhile to advertise certain products/services over there. For example, if you have a new forum, you can get a bunch of users from there.
I've never had any success from advertising on FP. It has always ended up getting my PM box full of beggars of handouts. I'm all for helping someone with a little discount, but its usually people "Can I work for your host? Just give me a free hosting account as pay" or the similar. I quit posting over there when I noticed the community was not attracting the more mature group. I check in every few weeks and what-not but it's still the whole "I just started a forum, please please please join. You will not regret it!". I kindly hit the X on my browser. :p

I've never had any success from advertising on FP. It has always ended up getting my PM box full of beggars of handouts. I'm all for helping someone with a little discount, but its usually people "Can I work for your host? Just give me a free hosting account as pay" or the similar. I quit posting over there when I noticed the community was not attracting the more mature group. I check in every few weeks and what-not but it's still the whole "I just started a forum, please please please join. You will not regret it!". I kindly hit the X on my browser. :yum:

Yes. I know what you mean. It is a problem there. Most of the users are very young and they probably get excited at every little thing. I think it was a great forum back in 2012, but it has lost some significant users. It is a bit quiet over there currently.

Another forum I believe will never shut down is https://www.gaiaonline.com/

I have an account there I signed up for in early 2000s. I have items on my avatar there that is worth hell of a lot now days that wasn't worth a dime back in the day.
5908146153.jpg

My last post was in 2011.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/xtreamesk8er8901/1679487/

Honestly, no matter how popular the forum or website is, no one can guarantee it's continuous popularity. Anything can happen. I have seen so many forums, that were really popular but had gone active after couple of years. Recently I came to know about one forum, which left me shocked. It was really popular. Now, it's hardly getting 6 posts daily.
It won many awards and such. So, anything can happen at any point of time.
I can't even say google would remain in the top position forever either :D

I wouldn't say there are any forums that will never die. Never is a very long time, and there's no telling what the future holds. Forums may not be a thing many years down the road.
I suppose it's true, cause look what happen to MySpace.

I wouldn't say there are any forums that will never die. Never is a very long time, and there's no telling what the future holds. Forums may not be a thing many years down the road.

That's a definite possibility. One thing that is a constant on the Internet is that anything can become extinct in the online world, even forums.

TheTechGame is one of the biggest forums I’ve ever used. 2 million members I believe and has been extremely active since 2010 I think. I’ve been using it ever since.

I disagree here, social media has taken over from forums. However, some of the active forums which you have listed won't die. They will still have some activity. Most people use social media websites such as Facebook in today's society.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds