Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum pet hates

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What are you pet hates for forums, or indeed any sites in general? For me, it would be something silly like a flashing background or music playing as I open the page. Those two things would cause me to leave your site instantly because it is just..stupid.

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Bad logo's or a website that was obviously designed in 2002.... You do unfortunately still get some info sites like that...

Rude or inconsiderate admins/site owners who devalue my opinion when i'm just trying to post something helpful. Once I was on a niche Doctor Who forum and the owner acted like a know it all, cause clearly only she knew the topic well enough to talk about it. And, even when I tried to post something original or interesting, some how it didn't measure up. After awhile I couldn't stand hearing or talking about Doctor Who and quit the forum.

What are you pet hates for forums, or indeed any sites in general? For me, it would be something silly like a flashing background or music playing as I open the page. Those two things would cause me to leave your site instantly because it is just..stupid.

What about you?
Its interesting you would mention this Haze. I had recently got a suggestion from one of my members about possibly embedding a player so that my members would have music to listen to whilst browsing my forum. however, I know not everyone agrees on the same kind of music. So... that leaves me with guessing how to make it so if i did have a player of some sort that would have available different genre of music for each member that logged in.

as for me, on topic, I tend to dislike it when i get the one-post-then-gone members that sign up,

There are many things that can annoy me. Just a bad website design is one of them.

I also hate sites that have pop ups every link I press. It starts to annoy me. Its not even an ad pop up and its not really a pop up cause its still on the page but it comes over the text.

Another thing I really hate was when I visited a forum and it didn't let me do anything until I removed adblocker from it. I never went to that site again.

Its interesting you would mention this Haze. I had recently got a suggestion from one of my members about possibly embedding a player so that my members would have music to listen to whilst browsing my forum. however, I know not everyone agrees on the same kind of music. So... that leaves me with guessing how to make it so if i did have a player of some sort that would have available different genre of music for each member that logged in.

as for me, on topic, I tend to dislike it when i get the one-post-then-gone members that sign up,
I personally don't care for music players... Makes the site seem kind of tacky. YouTube and Itunes is where it is at. :)

Just disable the automatic playing and you will be good to go!

Bad design and stupid banners. Also if I find it difficult to post and I actually lose time with insignificant stuff I usually just give up.

Bad design and stupid banners. Also if I find it difficult to post and I actually lose time with insignificant stuff I usually just give up.
Big pet peeve of mine, you have no idea. I've said this before I think, but if the forum has a bad design I will probably not even join.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds