Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum Games Section

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you have a forum games section on your forum? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having one? :)
I have one in my forum. Its not too big, and i figure its good for a time killer. I know some admins frown on it as on some sites the games section ends up really over running everything and the actual content gets ignored. I try to keep it small though for that purpose. I also have a flash games forum in development. my take at a homemade arcade until I can properly install the right mods for an arcade

I don't see any advantages. I have an active community based on some good content and also many members who love sharing ideas and being a part of it. You don't need such gimmicks to make people post, you need quality stuff that will entice them to share ideas and support.

I have one on the forum I run at the moment yes. I feel it really depends on the genre of forum you run as to how successful the forum games section will be or as to whether one is really relevant or needed. I at the moment run a general discussion forum and I have found it to be quite popular on there.

It's fun to kill time, but they get old. Next forum I plan on opening... chances are there won't be one unless there is a demand for it. Nice way to get your post count up, but content wise it's a bit bad.

I don't have, if the forum or website niche is gaming. There is some sense in having a gaming forum, other than that it is of less use.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds