Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

First images of new PS5 "Slim" with removable disc drive leaked

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Images seem to have been leaked of a new PS5 model that has been rumored for a while. Some are calling it a PS5 "Slim", but that's not really an accurate term since the new model is not intended to be significantly smaller.

The aim with the new model is to streamline the production of the PS5. Instead of two different models, one with and one without a disc drive, Sony would apparently switch to one model with a removable disc drive. This disc drive is produced separately and can be sold either bundled or separately, but it certainly makes the PS5 production process a bit easier and also cheaper. You can see this removable disc drive in the video mentioned below. A clear separation line appears to be visible.

The leakage of these images suggests that an official announcement and release might not be far off. Recently, Sony also offered a substantial discount on existing PS5 models, suggesting they want to clear out the current stock in anticipation of the new model. Some retail chains, like Amazon, have also recently started renaming PS5 consoles in their database, again hinting that something new is on the horizon.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is very interesting, I honestly didn't see Sony coming out with something like this if I am honest but I guess that is how all companies work when it comes to releasing new models or even new consoles, they like to keep you surprised.

I am not a huge fan of PlayStation myself and have always been more for Xbox but this will be amazing for those who have PlayStation consoles.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds