Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Favorite Emoticons on Forums

Credits
What are some of your favorite emoticons on forums? I like how we have a good data base on newer software, but man do I miss the custom emoticons!

I loved the one that was whistling
:r
and the wub one with hearts
:wub:
as well as this one
:snicker:

(I don't have those with them on a base... but you can envision it lol. )

Advertisement Placeholder
🍌 was the bomb.

One place I frequent has a bunch of custom emoji that were born out of meme conversations, e.g. :airquotes: is a picture of Dr Evil doing air quotes. We also have the girl from 'but why not both' that gets a lot of use. troll and :trollface: are regulars, the facepalm yellow face emoji with a Captain Picard uniform (and later, the Picard facepalm), a rolling eyes emoji, one of Philip J Fry holding out money (in the shut-up-and-take-my-money pose)...

Oh, and we mustn't forget Inigo Montoya with :you-keep-using-that-word:. It is a very silly place with a lot of its own internal memes and in-jokes like all the best communities. For example, we get far too much mileage out of a person with their hand up :um-actually:, the same person with their hand half lowered :um-nevermind: and the um-actually guy with a necklace wrapped around the hand because years ago, someone went to call someone else a pedant, and it was typoed as pendant and this stuck. Needless to say pendant is a regular feature too.

🍌 was the bomb.

One place I frequent has a bunch of custom emoji that were born out of meme conversations, e.g. :airquotes: is a picture of Dr Evil doing air quotes. We also have the girl from 'but why not both' that gets a lot of use. troll and :trollface: are regulars, the facepalm yellow face emoji with a Captain Picard uniform (and later, the Picard facepalm), a rolling eyes emoji, one of Philip J Fry holding out money (in the shut-up-and-take-my-money pose)...

Oh, and we mustn't forget Inigo Montoya with :you-keep-using-that-word:. It is a very silly place with a lot of its own internal memes and in-jokes like all the best communities. For example, we get far too much mileage out of a person with their hand up :um-actually:, the same person with their hand half lowered :um-nevermind: and the um-actually guy with a necklace wrapped around the hand because years ago, someone went to call someone else a pedant, and it was typoed as pendant and this stuck. Needless to say pendant is a regular feature too.
I always like the custom ones that are based on the community and the inside jokes! That's awesome sounds like a lot of fun! I love the sounds of the Inigo Montoya one!

We also have one that is a whole bunch of emoji arrows, which is for the slightly snarky "The <xyz thread> is :arrows:" implying your post might have been a better fit elsewhere, or your post might have been appropriate in another thread, e.g. if it's a post that eventually gets to a point about where it involves Oracle, there might be a "The I-Hate-Oracle Club is :arrows:"

But the biggest in-joke going, almost hilariously, is from emoji themselves; for a while we either didn't have custom emoji (since that forum was a relatively early adopter of Discourse) or it had an issue whereby 🧌 was autocompleted after 🚎 and this turned into the fact that there is a board for outright flaming and all the heated political threads called the Trolleybus Garage, and there are various emoji that spawned from this, e.g. a little garage over the trolleybus.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds