Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever lose access to an old email?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever lost access to an email of yours? Maybe it's an old email you hadn't signed into in forever and somehow you can't get in. Or maybe it was hijacked by a scammer and you could never get back in. I sort of have a story like that kind of. I have been trying to get into one of my old Gmail accounts. I know I have the password right and even had the right answer for the security question I thought, but no matter what, Google wouldn't let me in. I even tried contacting support, but you know how Google is, they don't have support usually.

Anyway, have you ever lose access to an email before? Did you ever lose important info?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to use Yahoo for my email service and I lost access to that account several years ago. I started using Gmail instead and have been using it for ages it feels like. I think I may have lost access to sites I was a part of when I forgot my password.

I have lost access to an email account before, not because I forgot / misplaced the password, but because I didn't login to it for over a year. A lot of the free email providers (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail) will delete your accounts if you let it be inactive for a long period of time.
...then your email address is up for grabs and that new person gets emails intended for you. I know this because I've registered an email account that used to belong to someone else and I was getting their emails from time to time.

I had lost access to my Yahoo mail before, it was hacked, i tried retrieving but failed due to some certain issues, and that disturbed some of my business clients to reach me

I have lost access to a few email accounts, I have lost my Hotmail account, and a few Gmail and yahoo accounts, which I had for different purposes, maybe if I try to recover them I can recover some of them, but it is not that I am interested in doing it honestly.

I have lost several email accounts because when it becomes rude with newsletter and emails I just opt out for new one but sometimes access to old site requires 2FA by email then sometimes lose some accounts.

I have lost access to an email account before, not because I forgot / misplaced the password, but because I didn't login to it for over a year. A lot of the free email providers (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail) will delete your accounts if you let it be inactive for a long period of time.
...then your email address is up for grabs and that new person gets emails intended for you. I know this because I've registered an email account that used to belong to someone else and I was getting their emails from time to time.

I am beginning to believe that this was why I lost access to my Yahoo mail account in the past. For over a year or so, I didn't have the need to make use of the email and when I returned, I discovered that it is impossible to login and all efforts that I implemented became unsuccessful.

I am beginning to believe that this was why I lost access to my Yahoo mail account in the past. For over a year or so, I didn't have the need to make use of the email and when I returned, I discovered that it is impossible to login and all efforts that I implemented became unsuccessful.
The perks of a Yahoo account that you could combine all your emails on one place so no need for example to connect to Microsoft and also there is no need to login to your Gmail as you could import all of them on one place as most of login inquiries is just a confirmation link or for example a login confirmation code from Binance but rarely it would be Microsoft plugin or Google plugin where in just on this case you open it or for example for see Youtube video means think again before think to discontinue with Yahoo or may be create another one.

Yes of course, I have lost access to my very first yahoo mail. I still remember the email address and it's [email protected]. I really wish I could be able to recover it but there's no way for me to do it. I didn't link a phone number or another email to it.
Nowadays first thing is done when register is that obliges to link to phone number means still able to make another account as you did not lose anything.

Nowadays first thing is done when register is that obliges to link to phone number means still able to make another account as you did not lose anything.

I actually created that yahoo mail account when I was in primary school. I should be around 8 to 10 years old then. I didn't know better. At one point, I stopped using the yahoo mail account and that's how I forget the password.

I was always afraid of losing access to e-mail, because almost all accounts that exist are registered to the e-mail, and there is always some necessary information there. BUT luckily I never lost access forever. There were cases when I managed to recover the password.

I was always afraid of losing access to e-mail, because almost all accounts that exist are registered to the e-mail, and there is always some necessary information there. Luckily I never lost access forever. There were cases when I managed to recover the password.
Most of them become rude after some time from the newsletter email. This means they are becoming spare email accounts not main.

I've had a similar experience with an old Gmail account. Despite having the right password and security answers, I couldn't regain access for God knows what reason. Unfortunately, Google's support options are limited. Losing access to emails can mean losing important info, at least that's what it meant for me. I've lost 2 of my business accounts that I'd been "growing" for the past few years. I guess the backup thingie is important, after all :)By the way, have you heard about people who buy old gmails? It's becoming more popular by the day.

Last edited:
Google access to Gmail is a complete head ache @Harry. I know that is reputable and many sites opts for that registration is using Gmail only, but wasting for example 15 minutes to Google plugin login and then they remember to go to google account then security and then rewrite the security code or push notifications let them a boring service, by the way, spare emails are more head ache because sometimes if you flash your pc then they say could not login to account, those used for newsletters and signups @Harry.

The first email I used was hotmail and I lost access to this email id a long time ago. My second email Id was with yahoo and I also lost access with this email.

The first email I used was hotmail and I lost access to this email id a long time ago. My second email Id was with yahoo and I also lost access with this email.
They still functionnal and until today and have lot of perks compared to gmail.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds