Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Ever had an issue with an autoinstaller...

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Have you ever had any issues with auto-installers?

I have only ever had one- just now. Apparently sometimes Mybb gets installed with MySqli instead of MySql when auto-installed which your host may not support. I still like auto-installers though- they save a heap of time (and the issue had a quick fix). :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I have not had any problems with auto installers, in fact quite the opposite, i think auto installers are super quick, if you compare the time it takes to auto install a script in comparison with manually uploading the required files through an FTP Client it is amazing how speedy these installers actually are. This also applies for mod/plugin installs however, MyBB auto mod installers have led to outdated plugins being installed on the board, i understand that an update really doesn't take a lot of work, but it is 1 job you wouldn't need to do if you were to manually upload a plugin you sourced yourself.

Only problem I have with autoinstallers, is I can't find out how to turn off the notifications/emails from them. I usually update my wordpress install through its Admin panel, but the autoinstaller tends to notify me constantly that my wordpress installation still needs an update after I've updated it. It's not really a problem, but it gets pretty annoying.

I use auto installers and i dont have a problem with them i may not use it as much if i could ever figure out how to use an ftp.

Only problem I have with autoinstallers, is I can't find out how to turn off the notifications/emails from them. I usually update my wordpress install through its Admin panel, but the autoinstaller tends to notify me constantly that my wordpress installation still needs an update after I've updated it. It's not really a problem, but it gets pretty annoying.
Did you try asking the host support about this?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds