Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever coached a sports team? Would you?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever coached a sports team? Or maybe you have interest in doing so, if so, would you coach a team? I don't have the knowledge to coach, but I think if it's a small thing, maybe I'd consider it. If you coached a team, how well did you do?

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't had the opportunity to manage a football or sports team in real life as the only time that I did was playing games. Managing a team will definitely need you to fully focus and plan how you get success from the players, and that is not something that you can guarantee that it is consistent.

I have coached a sports team once but it was for just 3 weeks period if that's going to count. It was when we went for 3 weeks NYSC camping. I choose to be my platoon sports manager and that's how I got to coach 24 players. It was a very exciting experience for me. We ended up wining the camping tournament trophy.

I've not coached any football team. I've played in so many sports team but haven't reached the level to become a coach. I don't have the skills to coach but I can be coached by another to give more than my 100% to the team which will give us a win.

I've not coached any football team. I've played in so many sports team but haven't reached the level to become a coach. I don't have the skills to coach but I can be coached by another to give more than my 100% to the team which will give us a win.

It is good that you are honest about your limitations when it comes to coaching a football team. There are some players that won't hesitate to take up the role of being a manager even when they know that they have limited knowledge when it comes to football management. In the end, when they fail, they start finding who to blame.

Yes i did when i was in college, it's been a very long time though, i coached this team then and won the finals for them, i had quite impressive players in my team and i was able to manage them to win the cup and at the same time happy to be the best coach of that competition

It is good that you are honest about your limitations when it comes to coaching a football team. There are some players that won't hesitate to take up the role of being a manager even when they know that they have limited knowledge when it comes to football management. In the end, when they fail, they start finding who to blame.

This is exactly what the former Chelsea player Frank Lampard who just jumped into becoming a coach. He's the worst player manager that I have seen in years. Frank Lampard has only won 12 matches, drawn eight and lost 24 games in 44 matches as Everton's manager. He was arguably the worst manager in English Premier League.

Players like Gary Neville tried it with Valencia, he left the job not long stating it was too much for him. The same thing happened with Theiry Henry, the former Arsenal legendary player. He failed woefully at Monaco. Ole didn't do much well in Manchester United nor did Lampard in for 1st spell at Chelsea, Everton and 2nd spell at Chelsea.

I have never coached a sports team before, but I once worked as part of the administrative staff of a football team. Due to my job, I was present in all the trainings and even partook in some of them by preparing the training materials and setting cones for training and during matches.

As far as coaching is concerned, I don't think I will do too well in there despite having a wide knowledge of tactics and all. Coaching is a lot more than tactics and all. A lot of personality is involved. I fear my temperament isn't the best for coaching.

Yes i did when i was in college, it's been a very long time though, i coached this team then and won the finals for them, i had quite impressive players in my team and i was able to manage them to win the cup and at the same time happy to be the best coach of that competition

It always feel very good whenever you managed to coach a team in school to winning a trophy. It is going to be a history for the school and you will never be forgotten because they are going idolise the whole football team. They will be in the school notice board for everyone to see the history that has been created with the team.

Coaching is like running and marketing a forum. In fact, it would be cool to do that, but probably I would only be qualified to coach elementary school level sports, some of them.

Yeah, one would need the skills to become a coach. It is beyond what we think as just fans. You need to understand and learn the rudiments involved before you can say that you are at least qualified to manage a team.

I had this opportunity now I'm only 20 but a year ago two teams from 5th grade decided to play a match between themselves and since I was familiar with many of the boys from one of them they asked me to prepare them because I definitely play and understand the game better than them . they lost 3-0)))))

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds