Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever been a part of a forum where the admin was as bad as the users?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Lets say you're a member of a forum where the users are offensive, and rude towards you. And lets say you report this news to the admin or the many mods on the forum, and all you get back is laughs or further mocking. Has this sort of thing happened to you? Years ago when I was a member on a forum, it was full of users who were just jerks and often made fun of me and others. When I reported them to one of the mods, they did nothing, so I reported it to the admin, and all he did was say "get thicker skin, or leave" and I left.

Have you ever been to a forum that was that bad or worse?

Advertisement Placeholder
The administrator of a forum I used to go to had a control freak of an administrator. She would hand out bans left and right to anyone who opposed her, things would often go her way because I think others were intimidated by her, and a lot of staff supported her due to being the one in power.

I've been in a gaming forum like this only once. There was a faction of the forum members who will support every madness started by the mod and backed by the admin. I didn't stay long in the forum. I left under 2 weeks.

I was once a member of a forum that had a toxic moderator. He even used f word in a public forum against me. However, the admin did nothing he did not even apologised for what his moderator did to me. I left the forum and vowed never to return on the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds