Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Dual Accounts

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
So, I've personally been an advocate of this kind of thing for as long as I can remember, but I don't know the majority of everyone else's opinions. What do you think of a forum owner making a dual account for themselves and then replying to their topics with that account to help increase activity? As I've said, I'm a huge advocate of this, and I have even see some huge forums doing this ;)

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never done this myself but I see the appeal to new forums, I don't really approve of larger forums doing it but smaller new communities need all the help the can get to boost activity. if a larger site does it I just see it as the owner deceiving his loyal members, I honestly don't have that strong of an opinion on it though.. so if you do it then don't mind me!

I've done it quite a bit on forums when they're smaller, really boosts up morale and helps stir the pot. As for big forums: Sometimes they can use a boost in activity too ;D

I've done it quite a bit on forums when they're smaller, really boosts up morale and helps stir the pot. As for big forums: Sometimes they can use a boost in activity too ;D

I shall hunt down your dual accounts! I will have vengeance upon them.

Ok so my search is down to users who signed up at the start and have high post counts? I'll post here when I discover your minions!

All I do is make a Test account for every group. The accounts have the group I'm testing, and the Test group. The Test group disables visibility in member lists, profiles, online users, and any other discoverable places; the Test group has no permissions itself, and nobody can figure out it exists.

Oh yes, they also don't have recorded passwords, E-Mails, or avatars. No hash exists for them, and they run on a separate MySQL table.

The second paragraph is what I want the Test group to also do. :)

--Sent from Tapatalk

I have several dummy accounts on my own forum but only so that I can blend in with other members and post without coming across as the boss. Of course, I'm on my forum enough as admin so they always know i'm there usually working behind the scenes. Sometimes it's just nice to blend in and yes it does increase activity rates on a forum if someone other than staff/owner is constantly posting.

I'm usually against this idea. At least on a user level. Say if i have a user who has earned themselves a ban, its not a big loss to them as they can be a pain in the ass on another account.

But on the admin level, I do have two duplicate accounts but these are soley my keys into the forum if something should ever happen.

Duplicate accounts is alright in the beginning, can make it look like you have a false sense of activity. But most of the time your personality can be blended through the two and people can see right through it. When I was a baby admin I use to do this and it worked for a while, but once that active member stops posting people will wonder where they have gone so you have to keep balancing two accounts and it's just stressful.

I am all for testing accounts and a back up account though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds