Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Does Your Website Earn You Profit?

Sean Quinn

Reputable member
Website
thesqpost.wordpress.com
Credits
Are you currently earning money from your website? or Is it costing you, but you do it for fun? or Are you trying to get it to earn money and make a profit, but you just aren't quite there yet? :p

Advertisement Placeholder
Are you currently earning money from your website? or Is it costing you, but you do it for fun? or Are you trying to get it to earn money and make a profit, but you just aren't quite there yet? :yum:

I don't think too many people are doing it just to throw money down the drain. It's typically either "So I can make money" or "I will create a website or what not to offer a benefit but don't expect me to shell out for an expensive account on my own".

Now if it like 5 bucks a month and domain? Maybe but what happens when you get more and more traffic? How can one cover for a 10, 20, or even 30+ bucks a month account?

So if I have any advice for a new webmaster, monetize it! It's honestly suck like grass having to think how your going to get people to support it but servers don't sadly run on air. :(

$132 a month. I manage it because I have to.

I am sorry about seeing that, you shouldn't be left to pay all of that yourself. :(

When one provide a service regardless if it paid or not (like here) people who are using said services should realize the importance to support such services. :)

I feel like that if you do indeed have able paying members/users/etc that I feel like they are disrespecting you and your project. By leaving you with the "bills". :(

I disagree with the notion of begging for donations.

I can certainly understand this feeling of yours thus I can understand why it can be hard to ask for support. However everyone need it at one point or another. :)

You shouldn't be have to feel bad about asking for support in such manners because you are certainly providing them with something they need/want. Plus think of it like this... You would be able to provide a better service in the end by receiving such support. So honestly I see such as a "win win" situation instead of "win lose" situation. :)

How the hell?

I wonder if it has to do with the domain and the fact that website "the one and only". If your the only site providing a service that's already put you quite high. From there it just the matter of marketing it to the right people who need such services. :)

Not the case. We provide the same servoce regardless. It's called customer service.

I were speaking in regards in hardware, networking, and/or the like. If a project doesn't get the support is needed then it often suffers because of the inability to expand the above as required. :(

That is why a site should be monetized one way or another so expand ability is able to occurs when it needed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds