Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Does running a forum make you content?

Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Credits
At the start, most admins are gung-ho with running their forum. The adrenaline is pumping, they are excited about setting up their forum, doing themes, creating posts, getting members.
But here’s a question, does running it make you happy? Some people really have to take that step back & think if having a forum is good for them anymore. They may enjoy it but it feels more like a drudgery than anything for them. There are times I have gotten burnt-out but I still stick with it as I know, for now at least, having a forum makes me feel content.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think forums do make me happy, or at the very least, content. It's fun having your own world that you create to pursue a hobby or interest of yours. If you're very passionate about it, that makes it a plus! If people create forums just for the sake of boredom or a popularity contest, I don't think they'll be very happy with the end result. If you enjoy what you do, that's all that matters.

This actually depends on the reason why you started running a forum in the first place. Some people run forums just because it's their hobby. Managing people who come together under their forum makes them happy. While some people run forums for the purpose of growing it and selling it for bigger profit. Once their different goals are achieved, they are happy.

What happens when the passion runs out? What do you do then?
Find a new hobby? Hopefully, most people have more than one hobby that keeps them busy in life. Forums have always been my primary hobby, I imagine if my passion for forums died out I would probably be doing more average things like watching TV/movies or playing video games.

What happens when the passion runs out? What do you do then?
The usual approaches are to either let the forums die or to sell them and move on.

Running a successful community is definitely something that can bring enjoyment for me! It's not necessarily "running" but providing a community for those to come to and see people having discussions without me having to create all the topics/threads truly makes me excited! I enjoy being one that enjoys being the host for people. <3 I want everyone to feel welcomed as well. If I'm doing those things I feel quite successful and content.

Now it takes a lot of work to get to that point, but I remember my goal and I push towards it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds