Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your users ever host their own special events on your forum?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
It's one thing to host a fun event for your forum or site, but have your users ever took it upon themselves to run an event of their own on your forum or site? I have allowed some users on my forums to host events in the past, and they were quite fun. Have you ever allowed your users to do stuff like that?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not have a lot of activities on my forums and my users have never hosted special events on my forum. However, I have seen users hosting events on other forms. I have even seen contests from normal users that awarded form currency.

I do not have a lot of activities on my forums and my users have never hosted special events on my forum. However, I have seen users hosting events on other forms. I have even seen contests from normal users that awarded form currency.
Yeah it's not always a common thing. Would you consider letting your users host events on your site or forum? Events are usually put on by site owners or mods, but I've seen some users take the lead themselves. I think it's usually long time users who do it though.

I would certainly allow that if the users are willing to do it. However, the problem I have is I do not have a lot of users and I do not have loyal users. Most of my activities are from paid users.

I would certainly allow that if the users are willing to do it. However, the problem I have is I do not have a lot of users and I do not have loyal users. Most of my activities are from paid users.
Ah ok. Once you see a rise in real users you might get some who want to help out, maybe not by hosting events, but maybe putting out the word about the site. Do you have a referral program on your site? Like if a user gets a friend of theirs to sign up. That sometimes help if the incentive to do so is there. Maybe they get a special badge when they invite a certain amount. Or they get a gift card for the most users joined.

But yeah, paid posters probably won't do that. But you could include it in their pay to do events maybe. Could be a fun way to maybe draw people in. Do an event for a game night and invite everyone on social media. Could do a give away as well. Though not ideal could draw extra people in.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds