Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do You Watch Movies in Foreign Languages?

Credits
By foreign language, I mean the movies in a language that you do not use as a primary language. Even though I use English as a working language, I use English as a second language, therefore, for me, English movies are foreign language movies. I watch movies from various languages and cultures, including but not limited to English, French, Italian, Spanish, etc.

Advertisement Placeholder
I watch movies dubbed in Spanish, but I watched a classic movie in Portuguese on RTPi when I had satellite at the time.

I can't say I watch any movies that are in a foreign language. I find I would have to use subtitles if I were to do that as I find that movies that are dubbed with English speaking never seem right and I feel my focus would be more on the subtitles than the actual movie and I would miss things.

Of course. I can't imagine labeling myself an open-minded movie fan and shutting out entire country's worth of stories over something so small as that. Sure, it takes a little getting used to, having to read subtitles throughout, but, believe me, you do get used to it.

Not only is there anime in Japan, but dramas like Nobody Knows. South Korean cinema houses some of the absolute best crime / psychological thrillers you'll ever see (like I Saw the Devil and Oldboy). There's Swedish films like Let the Right One In, and German films like The Golden Glove or Austrian films like Funny Games.

When, at times, you feel like you've circled back on all there is to watch, sometimes it can be a real refresher and palate cleanser.

I can watch movies in any language as long as the subtitles help me und what they are saying in the movie. You know one thing about watching movies in other cultures is that you get to understand different cultures and how they make movies.

I watch Japanese shows like Super Sentai with English subtitles that don't have an English dub release. It's still worth watching.

dairanger-qilinranger.gif

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds