Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you walk your cat? Have it wear a leash?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I know this is a weird one, but do you ever walk your cat? Do you have him/her on a leash? My mom used to walk one of our cats back in the day, she would put her on a leash as she was known to run out of the house if she was near the door. But since she always liked to charge out of the house, my mom would sometimes bring her out on a leash. It didn't lash long as our cat would just lay in the grass and get lazy haha.

It's a weird question to ask, but I know people who have actually walked their cats on leashes before, so wanted to ask.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's better to walk your cat using a leash. It will prevent your cat from straying too far or get into fight with other cats. My cat do it often. She barely get along with any cat she sees in public. I have her on a leash all the time we go out.

Whenever I have had a cat, I have never got it into the habit of it being walked and I found all cats that we took care of would never venture too far from the garden when they would go out.

I do know that some people walk their cats and they are usually ones that are house cats I believe so that they can get out for some fresh air and also to get out for some exercise and this is a way to keep them safe as well when they are out.

I do know that they do sell leashes for cats so I know they are available if there was ever a time I wanted to walk a cat myself.

I am the kind of person that is not always interested in allowing my cat to go outside and whenever it is necessary for me to walk them, I am going to make sure that I am very careful with how I handle them being out in the public. This is because I don't usually allow them to meet a lot of people which they are always going to be exposed to whenever we are walking in the public. It's either I carry them in a carrier or I will make use of a leash.

It's better to walk your cat using a leash. It will prevent your cat from straying too far or get into fight with other cats. My cat do it often. She barely get along with any cat she sees in public. I have her on a leash all the time we go out.

Some cats can be this troublesome when you are having a walk with them. So, it is important to put a leash on them when having the walk as you would not want to get into issues while out there with your cat.

It's better safe than sorry my friend. You're doing the right thing with your cat. The same thing is applicable to dogs too. Dogs own is that they like play a lot more than cats do when they are outside. Some dogs are a lot more aggressive too. They need to be on leash whenever they are out.

Some cats can be this troublesome when you are having a walk with them. So, it is important to put a leash on them when having the walk as you would not want to get into issues while out there with your cat.

It's how my cat behaves whenever we are out in the public. It's stressful for me sometimes walking my cat but it's what I'm meant to do. My cat needs it for her health and a breath of fresh air can do us good.

I don't have a cat yet but when I have one I'd try to find out what the cat is comfortable with. If it's ok with a leash, it's fine otherwise I'll remove it.

Most cats will not have any problem being on a leash whenever you are taking them for a walk as long as the leash is comfortable and not strangling them or itching them. This is the reason why you have to be very observant when you are picking out a leash that you're going to use for your cat or even your dog.

Nice idea. I'll surely keep that in mind whenever I buy one for my pet in the future.

You are very welcome my friend. Our pets needs to be taken care of the same way we need to take care of ourselves. Anything that is uncomfortable for you to wear is always discarded and the same thing is applicable to our pets too. We shouldn't force on them anything that makes them uncomfortable.

You are very welcome my friend. Our pets needs to be taken care of the same way we need to take care of ourselves. Anything that is uncomfortable for you to wear is always discarded and the same thing is applicable to our pets too. We shouldn't force on them anything that makes them uncomfortable.
Yes, I totally agree. Pets are no less than babies. They deserve all the love and care we would give to our own baby.

Yes, I totally agree. Pets are no less than babies. They deserve all the love and care we would give to our own baby.

This is the reason why I frown at anyone who abuses pet or doesn't take care of their pet. This is because whenever you know it is going to be impossible for you to take very good care of your pet, you shouldn't be getting them in the first place to suffer them for the rest of their lives.

This is the reason why I frown at anyone who abuses pet or doesn't take care of their pet. This is because whenever you know it is going to be impossible for you to take very good care of your pet, you shouldn't be getting them in the first place to suffer them for the rest of their lives.
True. Abandoning pets give them a scar of a lifetime. People who do it are inhuman.

True. Abandoning pets give them a scar of a lifetime. People who do it are inhuman.

I believe that when those who are being abusive to their pets and other animals start to get punished by the law severely, this act of always abusing pets is going to decline massively. It's something that I am one of the advocators for the government to start looking into.

I don't have a cat yet but when I have one I'd try to find out what the cat is comfortable with. If it's ok with a leash, it's fine otherwise I'll remove it.

If your ends up being the type of cat which causes trouble with another cats, you will have to carry him/her to avoid clash with other cats. Unless, you won't be take your cat out to avoid any problems.

It's how my cat behaves whenever we are out in the public. It's stressful for me sometimes walking my cat but it's what I'm meant to do. My cat needs it for her health and a breath of fresh air can do us good.

It is very obvious that your cats are naturally stubborn and aggressive because there are some cats that can be very calm especially when no one is bothering them. They can easily be walked in the public without having to scratch or hiss at anyone that is around them.

It is very obvious that your cats are naturally stubborn and aggressive because there are some cats that can be very calm especially when no one is bothering them. They can easily be walked in the public without having to scratch or hiss at anyone that is around them.

Yes, they are stubborn and aggressive truly but I love them being this way. It makes it hard for other cats living in my neighbourhood to intimidate them. It's my problem dealing with them whenever we need a walk.

Yes, they are stubborn and aggressive truly but I love them being this way. It makes it hard for other cats living in my neighbourhood to intimidate them. It's my problem dealing with them whenever we need a walk.

There is no way anyone is not going to expect you not to love your own pets the way they are and if anyone tries that, the person is trying to get involved in something that they shouldn't. We all have the way we behave and I believe part of it influences our pets as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds