Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you use your real name in your community?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
When I started working online, I was using a real name but later I started using a screen name because of some harassment. Therefore, even on my blogs and forums, I no longer use my real name. I am just an "Admin" in my community. Do you use your real name in your own communities?

Advertisement Placeholder
There is no problem of using my real name on the community. Putting username Admin is not also recommended. If you have for example 3 forums of sub domain then they must have same password especially free communities like for example Admin Jungle Revamp for the first community and Admin Rest Of Topic for second one.

No, I don't use my real name online on forums. It's few people whom I work with online on forums are privy to knowing my real name. I make use of username as it's advised to be used on forums. My pictures are not used on forums too. They are my personal information not given out cheaply.

No, I don't use my real name online on forums. It's few people whom I work with online on forums are privy to knowing my real name. I make use of username as it's advised to be used on forums. My pictures are not used on forums too. They are my personal information not given out cheaply.

I do not think that a person is obliged to use real names when it comes to working on forums. In fact, many people use unique and different usernames for that and this is what many people usually encourage. However, some people can use their real names and there should be no problem doing that.

I do not think that a person is obliged to use real names when it comes to working on forums. In fact, many people use unique and different usernames for that and this is what many people usually encourage. However, some people can use their real names and there should be no problem doing that.
Most forum will inform you any personal information which you decide to use in the forum isn't going to pinned on them should anything happen or you have a data breach. I take this warning serious and never use what's not required.

I've used my real name for a long time now, over a decade probably. I used to use weird variations of things I enjoyed, but I started using my real name because it sort of gives that personal touch and it's nice when people call you by your real name instead of some made-up username.

I've used my real name for a long time now, over a decade probably. I used to use weird variations of things I enjoyed, but I started using my real name because it sort of gives that personal touch and it's nice when people call you by your real name instead of some made-up username.
When I started, I was using my real name. years later, I switched to a screen name because of bad experiences I had on multiple websites. These days I do not even us emy real name on my own forums and blogs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds