Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you use Google Adsense on your forum?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Are you using Google Adsense on your forum at all?

Is Adsense earning you revenue?

Have you noticed a drop in revenue since ad-blockers became popular?

Do you think Google Adsense is a good form of money making on forums these days?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have four forums and I use adsense on two forums. My adsense earnings on my forum are great but the revenue helps me to cover my forum management cost.

I think a majority of forum users block ads so I'm sure that it the revenue drop.

I have it on my blogs and I make enough that it pays for my website stuff.

But I could never really rely on it as revenue. I'd rather rely on selling ads to individual companies.

I don’t currently use it on my site but have in the past and made enough then to cover server costs.
That's what it's doing for me at the moment but I just have it enabled on one site.

My hopes it to eventually enable it on everything.

Then take all the money I make from it and budget it specifically to cover costs of server stuff and advertising websites.

I don't like the idea of relying on AdSense for profit or salary.

The ONLY ads that I would contemplate would be from specific vendors in the niche I am involved in.... but even then only if my site reached "large" size. It's a hobby... one that I've been dipping into over a decade, so pretty sure I'm not going to suddenly "drop" it. The current niche I'm in is one I've been interested in since high school... but have only recently been able to afford to participate in fully.

The ONLY ads that I would contemplate would be from specific vendors in the niche I am involved in.... but even then only if my site reached "large" size. It's a hobby... one that I've been dipping into over a decade, so pretty sure I'm not going to suddenly "drop" it. The current niche I'm in is one I've been interested in since high school... but have only recently been able to afford to participate in fully.
I use Google AdSense on my blog. It generates some income.

But it is my hope to eventually get to what you suggested - related vendors and businesses for direct advertising.

I think I would rather to that on my forums as well, probably from the start.

I really have no intention to add Google AdSense to this forum in all honesty.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds