Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you think the web is too competitive to make money?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Everything seems to be constantly going down in price on the web- or it doesn't seem to ever come under inflationary pressures. :nolike:

For example: You make a script, an auction script. It's a fantastic piece of work. This is 2004 and heaps of people are prepared to pay $1000 for a license. Then a competitor enters the market, selling a similarly functional software for $200. And then Webid.com comes along and sells it's software for free.

The same phenomenon, known as a competitive marketplace, happens all over the web. A few years ago a high PageRank link would have sold for a lot more than it does today. A directory may have been able to charge $50 a listing. Hosting businesses were creaming it.

So, do you think the web is too competitive to make money? What are the ways to maximize your return in such a competitive marketplace? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
The prices always change whats new and of high quality is sold for more money and whats easy to do is getting sold for less money :D that's the way everything works :)

Web is competitive, that's for sure. But once you get a hold on to that, you can easily make money no matter how competitive it is! Thats the beauty of it!

It depends upon the value your creation provides and the after sale support. If you are loyal and provide frequent support. Then you are the king in it.

No doubt it's competitive, I mean look at how many people are seeing the opportunity to capitalise and going for it with very few niches to fill. I will admit, I have been trying for a long while to use the internet to make some casha nd have made MAYBE $15.00 (thank God for my day job...)
Maybe I just suck?

No doubt it's competitive, I mean look at how many people are seeing the opportunity to capitalise and going for it with very few niches to fill. I will admit, I have been trying for a long while to use the internet to make some casha nd have made MAYBE $15.00 (thank God for my day job...)
Maybe I just suck?

No it's not just you. But I think I am starting to get it! You have to stick with something long term and put in a heap of effort to get somewhere on the web. :)

No it's not just you. But I think I am starting to get it! You have to stick with something long term and put in a heap of effort to get somewhere on the web. :)
I can't commit to anything long term and consistent, due to my work schedule - which I guess is part of my problem?
While it may be holding me back in one way, it's paying the bills much more effectively than the other probably ever would...

Everywhere you go online these days, you'll see how competitive it is. Just the mere sight of ads is a sure indication of it. You have to be insightful, too. Sometimes, others actually seem like they're running something for the heck of it, but if you look closely, they're monetizing it, though discreetly.

It is very competitive and many prices have gone down a lot, because of a huge offer and people who can afford to work for pennies. This doesn't matter you cannot run a good business or that you can't make money, it just takes a little more work to do it ;)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds