Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you think its a must have for forums to have a blog?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I have always wondered. Well, for SEO blogs are better. But, does that make it a necessity for forums?
I think blogs are not needed as we can always categorize stuffs in forums in a better way compared to blogs!

What do you think and why?

Advertisement Placeholder
Blogs are a cool feature to have on a forum, so long as they're updated and maintained frequently. A lot of the time the blog becomes a burden and while other parts of the site might look brilliant the blog can just look like a slight let down.

I do not think a forum needs a blog. It could be useful for a forum to have an article section for people to post articles and guides in but I think that is all that is needed.

You can have the same posts in a blog on a section of your forum. I don't think blogs are needed, or even close to a necessity for any blog. They may look good on some, but most the blogs end up becoming inactive as it is... a forum after all.

No, i don't think so.
even one of my friend have a blog only from last 3 years and he don't need forum right now.

No I do not think a Forum should have a blog..as in some cases you would lose a lot more potential activity on your forums to your blog(Revenue wise it is good), This is my personal taught though I have seen successful forum owners having blog too so I may be wrong there!! ;)

its easy for me to have a blog its the same content as my forum

i think you should if its an easy and comfortable thing for you, if you have the time

you are getting twice the exposure on google, according to google, viewers, and links that all go back to your site
i just give a preview and link to my forum for the rest of the post

i think if youre not doing a blog to ultimately get more exposure for your site, youre not being wise and utilizing the ease of blogs. thats what youre here for, to promote and further your site, well get a blog, copy and paste your forum threads. its free advertising everyday

For starters, I think a simple forum with a little categories / sections to post in is really enough.
Once they grow and have a fair amount of activity, then they must have something more than just the forums to post into. Preferably a group of members who are good at writing should do it. That's my opinion though.

For starters, I think a simple forum with a little categories / sections to post in is really enough.
Once they grow and have a fair amount of activity, then they must have something more than just the forums to post into. Preferably a group of members who are good at writing should do it. That's my opinion though.

And we could actually think about installing a wordpress plugin by which these authors can insert their adsense code to their posts! I don't know if it exists or not though! :p

And we could actually think about installing a wordpress plugin by which these authors can insert their adsense code to their posts! I don't know if it exists or not though! :p
that could actually be a great idea indeed. Its like win-win concept :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds