Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you run contests on your forums?

Credits
Do you run contests on your forums to help bring more traffic and activity? If so, do you hold these contests during certain times of the year or do you prefer to run random ones? I've never actually held a contest on my forums before, I've been thinking about it but haven't had much time to get one going. :S I thought about maybe getting some prizes to give to people on VGC for completing contests/challenges. I think contests are a good way to bring more activity to your forum.

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you run contests on your forums to help bring more traffic and activity? If so, do you hold these contests during certain times of the year or do you prefer to run random ones? I've never actually held a contest on my forums before, I've been thinking about it but haven't had much time to get one going. :S I thought about maybe getting some prizes to give to people on VGC for completing contests/challenges. I think contests are a good way to bring more activity to your forum.
Contests are certainly a good way to increase the activities on the forum. I remembered the forum that I was a member of running contests in the past. It was fun seeing new members join too.

I've tried running a few, mainly within about the first 6 months the board was open, but they weren't that big of a success. I would like to run more, but I've never been the best at putting on contests and running them. I kind of let the whole contests thing go by the wayside and put more focus on the resources and services we offer.

If you need a strong pump of activity on your forum, then you can't do without running contest every now and then. Just make available a good winners prize, and you will get a decent traffic. Set a good parameters for the contest in order to make it engaging and it's going to work out. I can remember how the one which was conducted here on AdminJunkies worked out. It was super good.

I have been running a top poster of the month contest on my forums for quite a few months now and it does work out well in terms of getting activity. It's fun to take part as well to see who gets the top poster of the month that month.

We give away 1 month of the VIP user upgrade to the winner with some extra perks added on as well :)

I will, eventually. Slowly compiling a list of ALLLL my Humble Bundle keys, then listing the games, and each month a random active member will be chosen, or top poster if I can find a way to track top X posters of a month with a monthly reset, to do it that way.

In the past, I have run giveaways and events but they always end up failing to the point that I do not anymore since I do not have the funds. I find mostly that people join to enter then they disappear and never return when it's ended. The last giveaway only ended up having three people entered ;(

They are not interested in the giveaway or they just are but then they don't want to spend too much to even get enough points. Doing giveaways is not easy when you are in a very small group and not on a large Forum. Does not keep members engaged at all in my respective.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds