Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you require skype for all of your staff?

Thomasss

Addicted member
Credits
There are a lot of forums that require you to have a skype in order to be on the staff team?

For me, yeah, you need a skype. :tongueout: I will say however, unless you have a better way that I can communicate with you other than a PM on the forums, I'm pretty open to it. Granted, I hold my staff to a pretty high standard as it is, if I don't have some way to contact them in a emergency or something, or for that matter they don't have a way to contact me in an emergency, we're going to have some issues.

I don't require Skype just because I want them to be talking to me all the time, it's a two way street. If they don't have a Skype and an emergency comes up to where I need to be on the forums, they're not going to get a hold of me quickly and it's just chaos.

How about you guys?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's a preference, but not a requirement as our forum has a staff board and our website assigns email address to each team member. That being said, if I really need the attention of all our staff I can email them or post in the staff board. Skype is mainly for fun.

It's not a requirement. I highly encourage it because it's a really easy way to communicate. When I'm at work and such, I can't just turn on PM notifications. I would have to manually check for new PMs. However, with Skype, I can just turn notifications on and look at my home screen on my phone. It's a much simpler way to communicate than the PM system.

It's not essential but it is preferred. It provides a much easier way to communicate, however, it does take a little of the activity away from staff forums. It's probably better to use Skype for discussing small aspects of your community, rather than discussing suggestions etc.

Nah not really, i have staff that cover the 4 corners of the globe, they time differences just do not work, and my staff are capable of dealing with issues by themselves id need be .

Skype is definitely a CONVENIENT method of communication but it isn't something that I require in my forum. I think PM is a great way to stay in touch with staff members as things can be addressed at their leisure. ...same with a designated staff board when it comes to discussing topics as a group. Granted, those two methods are only reliable as much as staff members are willing to dedicate their time and log in every day. I know sometimes I need to email some staff members to come back - life has a way of pulling people away. ;)

A preference for sure, unless staff is not at the other extremity of the planet i would use direct phone calls or texting. On my forum we are currently 2 founders and we communicate via text at the moment. Skype will probably come in the near future when i require staff from other country's.

I do not require it, no. It does however hurt your application if you do not have one, I think having Skype is a must need for staff members to be able to communicate, I really do not like having a chat in the personal messages.

Skype makes communication with my staff members a lot easier, but I do not require it. I'm not going to force someone to login to Skype everyday just so they can communicate with the rest of the staff team. So long as they are doing their job on the forum, we'll be okay. It's just a preference.

I do not need it because there is a staff room on the forum, but I find it a bit easier though, if I am honest, because I don't want people to go on to Skype if they don't want to, they will have a choice because info will be posted on the same place, but it is easier to find stuff in the normal staff room though. But on skype is kind of a chill staff room too, where we talk about anything.

I would prefer all staff to have Skype but I do not require all staff to have and use Skype since I don't like to force my staff members to have a certain something (in this case, have Skype).

For staff members who do not have Skype, we have a staff section on the forums where we can also talk and discuss.

I don't think so. I for one don't really like skype but if the other staff think it's nice to talk on it. I'll be up for it. yet I rarely get on Skype and I can't do the voice chat on it.

It was a requirement. All of my volunteers had to have Skype because we had a staff-skype group where we had regular meetings about the large group. Skype was additionally important because staff members needed to communicate individually with one another.

We’re currently building a new system that will integrate chat into it. Staff can then sign in using *their forums account* and access the mod panels, admin panels (where applicable) and chat.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds