Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you pay monthly or yearly for your hosting?

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
When you purchase hosting, some companies allow you to either pay monthly or yearly for it depending on what you feel more comfortable doing.

In most cases, if you pay yearly for it, you tend to pay less than you would if you were to pay for it monthly so that is always the best one to go for but it is not always something that fits into someone's budget.

The hosting I use, we pay yearly for that and we are also able to drop funds into our account when we can to cover the hosting when it needs to be paid so that is ideal for us.

Do you pay monthly or yearly for your hosting?

Advertisement Placeholder
I pay every other year—longevity wasn't/isn't a problem because I had a decade planned. That was thirteen years ago. I knew going in that it would be perfect for my quiet, little-used setup.

Monthly, in case I need to move services. The extra cost is worth it for the flexibility.

For the last seven years, I end up paying for hosting for three years at a time ;) It's cheaper to buy more than less ;)

But this year might have to go with a year rather than three years as I have less money than before and also when you buy that amount of years you end up spending all money at once.
it may be "cheaper" for that hosting provider... but I personally prefer to pay monthly (as stated prior).. that way, if the hosting provider goes from fantastic to sucktastic... it's a very simple matter to move then not have to "worry" about recovering funds. For those of us that pay for everything out of our pocket, it's a valid "worry".

it may be "cheaper" for that hosting provider... but I personally prefer to pay monthly (as stated prior).. that way, if the hosting provider goes from fantastic to sucktastic... it's a very simple matter to move then not have to "worry" about recovering funds. For those of us that pay for everything out of our pocket, it's a valid "worry".
Well, Been with the same Hosting company for 7 yers now and I had no problems so far..

Well, Been with the same Hosting company for 7 yers now and I had no problems so far..
You are then the exception to the rule.
Price and performance matters... it's no different than shopping for insurance.. you find the "best offering" available.
WAY to many providers in todays society get "sold out" to others.. and then the service takes a dump on themselves. RamNode is a classic case... their current service levels are nowhere near what they were shortly after they started up.
As for "no problems so far"... exactly what testing do you do to check load capacity now compared to what you did have. Unless you are on a dedicated server... over time, this changes as the vendors tend to start piling more customers onto their servers.
It's not much difference than paying your vehicle insurance by the month compared to by the year... prices vary over time, the services offered change (in this case performance wise). It's ALWAYS a good decision to look at what you are getting for what you pay regularly. And when you pay "long term".. if you DO decide to change.. it's usually a hassle getting your money back, especially with hosting providers.

I pay monthly, although I'd like to switch to yearly once I have some money together. The difference is minor really as the monthly cost is more then affordable.

My main focus at the moment is extending my domain registration - since that's a buy-it-or-loose-it situation. If I could extend that to something like five years, then I might look at yearly hosting.

The tradeoff there is electricity, servers, a server room with refrigeration, and knowledgeable staff.

Right now I am paying for 3 years at a time via GreenGeeks! The savings are spectacular I’m about half way through my plan now. I actually just post a GreenGeeks hosting review today!
btw, its a good idea to add a disclaimer to affiliate links. Amazon requires it, but its generally a good idea for all affiliate links you have.

I don't have a need for a new host, but just thought I'd suggest something for the future. :)

Edit: Apparently its a legal thing in the US and UK, not just specific sites:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/affiliate-success-depends-on-authenticity.212463/

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds