Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Content Creation Do You Offer Downloadable Content

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.
Credits
One of the interesting ways to build traffic and improve engagement on your website is by offering downloadable content. You can offer software, online courses, ebooks, marketing templates, workbooks, etc. on your website which the users can download. You can either offer free downloads or paid downloads. Does your community offer downloadable content? What kind of content are available for downloading?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, and the resource manager, articles and reviews are the 3 biggest traffic pulls for my site.
The top ranked one is the resource manager as I offer a few direct downloads of software that is hard to find on the internet since the developers site has gone offline.

Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 3.10.46 AM.png

As for what kind of content... a lot of it is links to other sites that have the software or resources available for purchase.
Then you have a series of astronomical catalogs that I created for use in a couple of software packages that are available.
Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 3.14.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 3.14.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 3.13.51 AM.png

They generate traffic to the site, but not content creation... which is really not unexpected honestly. I don't have any requirements to be able to download them, all resources are available to guests.

This kind of feeds back into some other posts here about how a site can benefit from more than just having a, as one person commented to me, a "simple forum".

Last edited:
At the moment, none of the sites that I either own or co-own have any issues with downloadable content but I know that sites that do offer downloadable content tend to be somewhat more successful just based on that offering.

A lot of people are always looking for resources of some kind and if you can offer that, it could be what leads to your success in the long run.

Currently on the communities I own I do not have downloadable content. There's been a forum I've worked on and off that does offer downloadable content. It's a Sonic related community, and generally a modding community so I offer Sonic mods. Sega is fine with Sonic modding thankfully. They actually hired a few Sonic hackers to work on Sonic Mania!

My blogs offer downloadable content such as ebooks, mini guides, workbooks, digital planner, etc. However, I have not yet offered any downloadable content on my communities. I have a plan to offer ebooks on one of my communities. It is a business investment and finance niche community and I plan on creating guides that users can download.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 6)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds