Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you look for coding skills when recruiting a staff?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Coding skills are good to have for a staff.
But if you're good at coding, I do not think you would need a staff with coding skills.
So what are your views on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
You don't need a staff member with coding skills even if you yourself don't know how. These days to can find a solution to most anything will search engines. This is assuming your software doesn't have or have a crappy support system.

Coding skills are good to have for a staff.
But if you're good at coding, I do not think you would need a staff with coding skills.

Different people know different ways to do things, So yes, Its a good idea to have staff that know code.

First, the requirements for the job might not need coding knowledge at all. I do not hire staff based on their coding skills unless the job requires them to code, ;) eg. At a gaming forum, if you wish to hire a moderator to moderate a forum, will they be required to know how to create a website? no..

No but still, lets say you need to make some tweaks to you custom theme or change the way the forum works! In that case what would you do, if you have no staffs with coding knowledge?

In my case I will be able to do almost all coding related stuff unless its way too complicated or it has to do something with permissions! :p

No but still, lets say you need to make some tweaks to you custom theme or change the way the forum works! In that case what would you do, if you have no staffs with coding knowledge?

In my case I will be able to do almost all coding related stuff unless its way too complicated or it has to do something with permissions! :p

Well then I would think the admin should do it!! Unless they're specifically paying staff members.... I suppose someone who can code could be useful to a site but it wouldn't be my main priority. Also some of the best coders can be a little.... well..... odd (stereotype I know- but you do find that the best have something that us mere mortals do not) and not the right sort of people to manage a forum.

You can find everything you will ever need on google, hiring someone with coding skills is nice, but you are trusting them with your website. You have to be very careful in that department.

I;d say it probably depends on the complexity of the ACP. It can be lenient or demanding and on those two surfaces would you say you'd probably get someone who's pretty avid at coding.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds