Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you look at competition for inspiration?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
Whether you run a forum, blog, online business, or you are looking to start creating your own product - do you look at competing brands, sites, or companies for inspiration? Maybe you check them out to see what works for them? I feel like this is a good strategy that can help you grow whatever project your are working on.

Advertisement Placeholder
I do look at competitors in my space and maybe take some inspiration from it. I sometimes contact them and team up maybe.

I think everyone at some point will take a look at the competition for inspiration and I don't think there is any harm in that. It is if someone tends to take ideas from another forum and copy their ideas directly without making any changes or making it their own that is the issue.

I know that others have got inspiration from my ideas and I have got inspiration from others but I have never done a direct copy and to my knowledge, no one has to me recently either.

For me I like to get inspiration from my competitors because it will help me alot in that business, that is why it is very important when starting your business you need to take inspiration to help you in your business.

The best way to learn is taking a look at structures and organizations that have succeeded to ascertain the secrets to success in the industry. If they have a publication you get it and read to understand the secrets of their success. It helps to reduce your journey on the path to success.

I think everyone at some point will take a look at the competition for inspiration and I don't think there is any harm in that. It is if someone tends to take ideas from another forum and copy their ideas directly without making any changes or making it their own that is the issue.

I know that others have got inspiration from my ideas and I have got inspiration from others but I have never done a direct copy and to my knowledge, no one has to me recently either.
This is also what I feel
Some people take competition as a big deal and it is not a big deal to me. It motivates me to do better in my business. It helps a lot.

I have built a lot of websites by checking websites for sale on flippa. Yes, I look for my competitors to find inspiration. However, I always make sure to make my business original.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds