Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you like the idea of a forum games section?

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Some forums I have been on recently and in the past, I have always noticed that some of them if not all have a section specifically for forum games in which members can pass time by playing random forum games within one section of the forum such as maybe word association games. I noticed it varies between each forum as to whether they count the post count or not for these forums as well.

I myself feel that these kind of sections on a forum help to bring activity to the forum and it's something fun to pass the time on the forum as well. I myself when I had my general chat forum would have a forum games section but I made that section not count the post count.

What are your thoughts on a forum games section? Do you like them or do you feel it depends on the type of forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to have that back in the day.

I saw other forums put them in and disabled post count.

So I wanted to be different.

I put one in, kept the post count, and encouraged people to use who want to get higher post counts.

A community is about community, after all.

I think the idea is still good, pending the niche and activity.

Some forums I have been on recently and in the past, I have always noticed that some of them if not all have a section specifically for forum games in which members can pass time by playing random forum games within one section of the forum such as maybe word association games. I noticed it varies between each forum as to whether they count the post count or not for these forums as well.

I myself feel that these kind of sections on a forum help to bring activity to the forum and it's something fun to pass the time on the forum as well. I myself when I had my general chat forum would have a forum games section but I made that section not count the post count.

What are your thoughts on a forum games section? Do you like them or do you feel it depends on the type of forum?
I love the forum games section, because I'm good at them.

I've often wondered if this could be expanded out beyond just the usual forum games. I remember chess mods being a thing where players could play each other - maybe we need a resurgence of things like that.

I've often wondered if this could be expanded out beyond just the usual forum games. I remember chess mods being a thing where players could play each other - maybe we need a resurgence of things like that.
As in an arcade you mean? There hasn't been a decent arcade add on as it quite vanished the internet. Even old online games websites have either closed down or aren't supported and updated anymore. Are there even flash game creators nowadays, other than mobile ones ?

Remember forum arcade addons? Those glitchy things. Some games might record your score, some might not LOL

Well, the thing about Flash games is that Flash is basically dead now - though there are Flash emulators in JavaScript these days!

Though I didn't really mean part of an arcade per se, I meant as part of a more dedicated add-on, though there's no reason one couldn't make a more souped-up arcade that could support this kind of thing.

SMF had a mod for this back in the day, looks a bit like this:

1671621411299.png

And yeah, I remember the old arcade mods; the problem with games saving scores is that they all had to implement saving themselves, and most of the people writing them weren't heavy developers, they'd just made a game in Flash and very often they weren't even written with the arcade in mind, just as a little thing on a website.

Well, the thing about Flash games is that Flash is basically dead now - though there are Flash emulators in JavaScript these days!

Though I didn't really mean part of an arcade per se, I meant as part of a more dedicated add-on, though there's no reason one couldn't make a more souped-up arcade that could support this kind of thing.

SMF had a mod for this back in the day, looks a bit like this:

View attachment 132

And yeah, I remember the old arcade mods; the problem with games saving scores is that they all had to implement saving themselves, and most of the people writing them weren't heavy developers, they'd just made a game in Flash and very often they weren't even written with the arcade in mind, just as a little thing on a website.
If you’re up for it, go for it by all means. There world needs some traditional things, and I’d definitely try it here.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds