Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you keep money in a bank/credit union or save it elsewhere?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Most people will save their money in a bank or credit union, so that they can also collect on savings. But do you save your money elsewhere? Maybe a safe, a private lockbox in a bank, or somewhere more hidden. I keep most of my money in the credit union myself, but I do have some funds hidden. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I keep most of my money in the bank because it is convenient and easier to manage. That being said, I do worry that if something were to happen to my bank that I could be without money for days, weeks, or even months. I am planning on opening a second safety net account.

I keep most of my money in the bank because it is convenient and easier to manage. That being said, I do worry that if something were to happen to my bank that I could be without money for days, weeks, or even months. I am planning on opening a second safety net account.
I also serve my money in the bank did you know that this is technically age and I don't see any need savings your money using conventional ways like home .pit and others so I save all my money in the bank

I have a fixed-deposit bank account. This is for emergency needs. If no emergency occurs, I let the fixed deposit term mature and compound the profits and again keep it in a fixed deposit account. I also keep enough money to pay bills for at least 3 months. If I have surplus money, I always invest in the market.

I have a fixed-deposit bank account. This is for emergency needs. If no emergency occurs, I let the fixed deposit term mature and compound the profits and again keep it in a fixed deposit account. I also keep enough money to pay bills for at least 3 months. If I have surplus money, I always invest in the market.
A fixed deposit bank account is very good. It gives more interest rate on your saved money in the account since it's a cash you won't touch until a specific period of time.

I have a savings and current account. I don't have money I won't have any use of for a long time to open a fixed deposit account.

Saving money in the bank is really good but it is better when you have a larger amount of your money in different investments that you are sure will definitely yield interest. In this way, your money will keep increasing instead of keeping it where it will yield a low or no interest

A fixed deposit bank account is very good. It gives more interest rate on your saved money in the account since it's a cash you won't touch until a specific period of time.

I have a savings and current account. I don't have money I won't have any use of for a long time to open a fixed deposit account.
If you plan to build emergency funds, you can keep the funds in fixed deposit bank accounts. You can choose 3 months period for your fixed deposit. If you choose for a longer term, for instance more than a year, you can also get a loan against your fixed deposits

If you plan to build emergency funds, you can keep the funds in fixed deposit bank accounts. You can choose 3 months period for your fixed deposit. If you choose for a longer term, for instance more than a year, you can also get a loan against your fixed deposits
I've made inquiries at the three banks I make use of and all their fixed deposit account during limit starts from 6 months which is too long for me to take due to the nature of how I need money to run things. If they gave 3 months duration, I will take it.

Most people will save their money in a bank or credit union, so that they can also collect on savings. But do you save your money elsewhere? Maybe a safe, a private lockbox in a bank, or somewhere more hidden. I keep most of my money in the credit union myself, but I do have some funds hidden. What about you?

I can't risk saving my money in AA savings box. I have heard a lot of scary stories by people that did on how they were unable to understand how the money went and this is what I won't want to experience for myself at all. Saving in bank accounts and some regulated financial institutions is the best bet for me.

I've made inquiries at the three banks I make use of and all their fixed deposit account during limit starts from 6 months which is too long for me to take due to the nature of how I need money to run things. If they gave 3 months duration, I will take it.

There are many online payment processing companies in here and many people prefer to keep their cash in those payment systems. I think that this enables them to make a payment and receive payments anywhere. These payment systems allow people to save save and make payments from home or anywhere.

There are many online payment processing companies in here and many people prefer to keep their cash in those payment systems. I think that this enables them to make a payment and receive payments anywhere. These payment systems allow people to save save and make payments from home or anywhere.
I've some of my money kept in online banks and other banks in the financial sector but what I'm looking for is an opportunity where I can be giving 2-3 months to put my money in a fixed deposit account. Fixed deposit account pays higher interest rate.

My money is in the banks and most in my business and also in other investments that I have in real estate and cryptocurrency. I haven't used credit union services in my country for keeping money. I have heard that they are better than banks, I will just need to look into it.

You should take a look into it and see whether it is something that you should give serious considerations. However, I am of the opinion that it is always better to have a good understanding of how you save and also spreading your funds in different investment portfolios is also good.

You should take a look into it and see whether it is something that you should give serious considerations. However, I am of the opinion that it is always better to have a good understanding of how you save and also spreading your funds in different investment portfolios is also good.

The most important thing is for you to develop the habit of saving money and leaving it where you have saved it without pulling it out for any unnecessary need. It doesn't matter where you saved the money, when you lack the habit of leaving the money alone where you saved it, you're definitely going to use it.

I can't risk saving my money in AA savings box. I have heard a lot of scary stories by people that did on how they were unable to understand how the money went and this is what I won't want to experience for myself at all. Saving in bank accounts and some regulated financial institutions is the best bet for me.

I've never heard about AA savings box. Who's going to be the one that take care and manage the money until I need it? It's not a service I'm familiar with and our banks might not offer it to customers because if they did, I would've known about it.

Seriously, there's online payment processing companies offer a far more better service than what most of our banks used to offer now. The best part in what I enjoy when it comes to using their services is steady network. My banks used to have network failure every weekend.

There are lots of online wallets these days, anyone uses those? Which ones are the most reliable? I talked to gate city bank customer service but of course they want me to keep money with them. Thats not my intentions and looking for alternatives

Last edited:
I prefer to have it invested or have it in cash, I don't like to leave a lot of money in the bank, just enough and necessary.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds