Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you include forum games post count?

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
I really need some serious advice here. I know that most of the forums restrict users post count, from getting effected from the forum games posts but they don't really care about the board statistics.

Forum games are nothing but spam that doesn't add anything to the community with respect to quality. So, do you include them in the overall board statistics? Currently I have excluded them from the forum board statistics using a plugin named "x threads" but now I am having second thoughts. So, I need some advice guys :D

Advertisement Placeholder
I will try something on my own site. Give me a second.
Be careful while using x threads plugin.
It's a really powerful plugin and a fellow webmaster I know, lost some threads when he was messing with some settings. I know him personally, so I don't really mess with that plugin.
It's a just a small advice to you in advance :D

I have never personally used "x" threads, I actually have never heard of it.

I will however say that enabling post count on forum games won't really do anything, I personally feel as if enabling them gives users their true post count and it doesn't cheat them out of their own posts. Sure, it's all spam, but it's a post and it should count.

Now, I have been one to simply disable it most of the time only because everyone else does, but if you really do not base a ton on post counts (i.e forum cash, etc.) then I honestly do not see a huge issue with enabling it. They count towards to overall boards post count, so they should count towards the individual post counts as well.

I include them in the overall forum statistics but the posts that users make in that section will not count to their own post count or reward them with any virtual currency. This is because I offer membership upgrades to the users when they reach a specific amount of posts or credits

Depends on the type of forum. If it's a general discussion forum, I don't mind allowing forum game posts to count. But, if it's a forum that requires a certain number of posts to be able to do something, I don't. Promotion/design forums, absolutely not. However, this is just my personal preference.

Depends on the type of forum. If it's a general discussion forum, I don't mind allowing forum game posts to count. But, if it's a forum that requires a certain number of posts to be able to do something, I don't. Promotion/design forums, absolutely not. However, this is just my personal preference.

This sums up what I was going to say.

General forums really doesn't matter as usually you do not have a ton riding on post counts, and really, on general forums post counts are more of a bragging right than anything. On other forums such as promotional forums where they use post counts to determine certain things it makes complete sense to disable it. Just depends on the niche.

I guess I haven't made myself clear.
From the very beginning, I have disabled forum games post count from the users post count. Now, I need some advice whether to disable them or not from affecting the overall post count.
Right now, my forum has 46,539 posts. Still, the legitimate posts are just 38301 posts. So, what do you guys want me to do?

I have them enabled on general discussion forums but disabled on all other niches. I think this keeps it a good atmosphere so people don't just post "1" on a Coding forum etc.

I don't count the forum games as posts as the posts are low in in quality and are usually a couple of words, if that. I disabled the post count for the "Forum Games board" in the ACP for my the forum I owned in the past.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds