Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you have music that autoplay's on your sites?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
One holdover from the early internet days that I don't like is when sites have music autoplay whenever you enter their site. Back in the day this was all the rage, especially when MySpace came around. Everyone had to have their favorite song autoplay and also a list of their favorite songs on their page.

Now days I hate hearing random music play when I enter a site. If you do this, please don't. If it's for a certain site, like a band or artist, maybe, but otherwise, keep the audio of your site to zero so I don't get startled by some random song out of nowhere. Do you guys agree?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't have music autoplay on my sites, and I don't like sites that have enabled autoplay music. I once worked on a site where there was an autoplay option. I even asked the owner to remove this feature because there are a lot of people who do not like this feature.

One holdover from the early internet days that I don't like is when sites have music autoplay whenever you enter their site. Back in the day this was all the rage, especially when MySpace came around. Everyone had to have their favorite song autoplay and also a list of their favorite songs on their page.

Now days I hate hearing random music play when I enter a site. If you do this, please don't. If it's for a certain site, like a band or artist, maybe, but otherwise, keep the audio of your site to zero so I don't get startled by some random song out of nowhere. Do you guys agree?

No, I never had have any such thing on my website. Such kind of thing may even distract your visitor. It may even slow down the loading time of your website as well as far as I know.

I personally don't like auto play and I would not put it in my site, as it is a great inconvenience and can reduce your sites rate of repeated visitors just because of this feature alone

I don't have my personal website at the moment, but I'm a type of person that don't like the auto play option on any site, when people noticed that on your site, they will hardly be reaching your site.

Autoplay can be incredibly annoying for users and can ruin their experience. Also, webpages containing autoplay music or video might not have their content indexed by search engines, which lowers the online performance.

Yes. I have many videos that auto play on online websites which sometimes give me headache when I want to do things in hurry. Especially on paid to post, I watched a five minutes movies that was not interesting me. However that's the way of making money to them I wouldn't blame.

Yes. I have many videos that auto play on online websites which sometimes give me headache when I want to do things in hurry. Especially on paid to post, I watched a five minutes movies that was not interesting me. However that's the way of making money to them I wouldn't blame.
I don't like this thing at all at the moment, I hate anything that auto does itself especially when it keeps playing in the background when I try to switch tabs, this is really annoying.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds