Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you have multiple hosting accounts?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
Currently, I have one hosting account and I have hosted all of my websites in this hosting account. However, in the past, I had as many as 6 hosting accounts. Some of these hosting accounts were from the same hosting company and some were from other companies. Do you have multiple hosting accounts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I only have one hosting account right now, but that's because I only have one website right now, in a bit of disrepair. However, back when I had multiple sites up, I had multiple hosting accounts.

I think the industry standard practice is to have one web hosting account for each site that you own, as that seems to be rather intuitive and less cluttered. It's also helpful when testing your site, as different sites may need different backend settings and configurations. There's less risk of fixing one site at the breakage of another. Finally, having separate accounts for each web design client makes it easier to hand over the proverbial reins when the design is done and it's time for the new webmaster to take over.

I like the idea of hosting multiple websites on one account, however. That could save you a lot of money over time if you have multiple small sites. The idea would be to have the sites in a separate folder for each one, and then point each domain to each folder. It's a creative idea that could pay off over the long term, especially if you're just getting started as a webmaster and don't know what will work. Just make a folder and domain for each prototype idea, test and go. Might be a good idea for a web design portfolio or software developer site as well.

I self-host and have done so for awhile now. It is easier and cheaper for me. If I would to pay for hosting with all my sites, it would easily be over $200 a month and with me self-hosting, it is only $20 a month for the servers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds