Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you have a business plan for your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I created forums because I was earning from my blogs and I also wanted to earn from forums and maximize my revenue, however, I have not been able to do so. I do have bigger plans for my forums.

When setting up your forum, do you go with it as a business and create a business plan for it or do you just go on with it and see how it goes before deciding on working up a business plan for it?

How do you usually go about it in the beginning?
I don't have a forum business, but one thing that I can surely say is that it's always a good idea to have a business plan before starting any kind of business, including a forum business. It helps you make more informed decisions. But if you've already started your forum business and haven't created a business plan yet, it's not too late.

I started my forum basically out of my own interests and because I had left one that was closing down and enjoyed having a sense of community. My forum was never intended to earn money. Just a side project I could enjoy.

Not really no. I just create sites/forums and try to get them popular before I sell them off or grow them. It's probably good to have a business plan set in motion, but I don't think you always need one to succeed.

If a forum is meant to make money, secure funding or sponsorship, or draw in advertisers, a business strategy may be required. The forum's goals, target audience, revenue sources, marketing plans, and financial projections can all be included in the business plan.

97% of people learn more about a local company via the internet. So, if you want to grow your business by being in front of the right audience, you need to be found online - implying you must have a website if you want to increase your revenue.

I have not created a forum but if I want to create it, I will have business plan for it. Most of the forum owners created their forum to make money. To create a forum, you will have to spend some money to buy hoisting, domain, theme and others.

When setting up your forum, do you go with it as a business and create a business plan for it or do you just go on with it and see how it goes before deciding on working up a business plan for it?

I do not have a forum at the moment but I see a forum as a business itself. You are surely going to make money from your forum if you have one so it should be enough

Starting out, I didn't have a formal business plan for my forums. I had goals and strategies, but they evolved with the forum. A basic plan can be beneficial, providing clear vision and guidance. Whether you opt for a formal plan or not, flexibility and responsiveness to your community's needs are key.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds