Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you enable Two Factor Authentication for your members account?

Credits
Account hacking is a very common thing online today. It's why I find the use of Two Factor Authentication very necessary because it's capable of preventing anyone else from accessing the account apart from the real owner. I always have this enabled for my members account once they register. It's there decision to turn it off or leave it on.

Advertisement Placeholder
The first time my Facebook account was hacked was when I understood the importance of using 2FA. It's the first thing I activate in all my accounts.
If you were online when your Facebook account was hacked, you can retrieve it back quickly before the hacker changes the reset password contact. But once they change that, it's over for the account.

Account hacking is a very common thing online today. It's why I find the use of Two Factor Authentication very necessary because it's capable of preventing anyone else from accessing the account apart from the real owner. I always have this enabled for my members account once they register. It's there decision to turn it off or leave it on.
I think enabling two-factor authentication for every app is essential, more so the money-making applications you are a part of. These help to protect your account against hackers

2 step verification is a good way to protect your account, I use this method in my social media accounts, this helps a lot, Your account cannot be hacked easily.

I am not actually aware if two factor authentication is available for forums but it safe to enable it too avoid activities of hackers from easily getting into the accounts of members.

I am not actually aware if two factor authentication is available for forums but it safe to enable it too avoid activities of hackers from easily getting into the accounts of members.
I didn't know about it either till I was stopped to access my account in one forum to set 2FA before I can use the account again.

If the option is there on the forum software I am using then yes, I will always enable two factor authentication as I feel that's one of the better ways to keep your members safe and when they know you are putting that kind of safety in place, they tend to trust you more as well. I am actually quite shocked to see that some places do not have this in their software especially since hacking is so common now. Hopefully we will see two factor authentication built into more software soon.

I think enabling two-factor authentication for every app is essential, more so the money-making applications you are a part of. These help to protect your account against hackers
You're right about that. It's why I'm not against using it in forums too especially if the forum offers good money incentives to their members which might push hackers to try and breach user's accounts.

Considering I'm mostly active on just three different forums, Admin Junkies is the only one I use two-factor authentication on. I feel since I'm a staff member it's justified that I use two-factor authentication to better protect my account. Jcink, as mentioned above, doesn't have two-factor authentication available, but one thing it at least has available is a security question you can plug into your Admin CP.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds