Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you create invoices for the work you do?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to the freelance work you do, do you make an invoice to receive payment? I tend to send an invoice for each bit of work I do, so that everything it set and I can have that record trail when I do taxes. Do you guys create invoices on sites like PayPal for example?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes and no. I do track money being spent and earned but I am not strict about it. I don't tend to keep hold of things longer than 6 months. I clear things out twice a year.

Yes and no. I do track money being spent and earned but I am not strict about it. I don't tend to keep hold of things longer than 6 months. I clear things out twice a year.

It is a great thing to create and maintain an invoice for whatever do do because this helps you to keep a record of whatever you do in the first place. The fact of the matter remains that I mostly work on forums and I generally do not need to keep a record of invoices.

It is a great thing to create and maintain an invoice for whatever do do because this helps you to keep a record of whatever you do in the first place. The fact of the matter remains that I mostly work on forums and I generally do not need to keep a record of invoices.
I used to keep things for 3 years, then I moved down to 2, then 1, and now I do every 6 months. In most cases, I don't need anything beyond that but I will keep records for taxation purposes.

I have tried sending invoices through paypal, but my clients have frequently complained that it is easier for them to directly send funds. Therefore, I no longer send invoices., However, some clients ask me to send them receipts, and I always send them payment receipts.

There are so of my clients who would request I create an invoice for them to pay me through PayPal which I do. It's very easy to create an invoice for payment on PayPal. Most of them don't care about it, they will ask for my PayPal address and they have the funds sent over.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds