Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you allow username changes?

Thomasss

Addicted member
Credits
Do you let your members change their usernames freely, or do they have to pay for a username change?

Do you have a limit on how many times someone can change their username?

Advertisement Placeholder
On WF, all you need is posts. Personally, I don't really have a preference. I think it really depends on the community. Hyper professional forums probably shouldn't allow constant username changes, though, it makes a lot of sense for general chat forums to allow more username changes, as they're probably a less professional appealing forum than a webmaster forum.

On WF, all you need is posts. Personally, I don't really have a preference. I think it really depends on the community. Hyper professional forums probably shouldn't allow constant username changes, though, it makes a lot of sense for general chat forums to allow more username changes, as they're probably a less professional appealing forum than a webmaster forum.
WF? Don't you mean XF? Lol

When I had a forum I allowed only so many in a time period. So like 1 per every 6 month period. That way it didn't get too confusing.

I have a shop set up and members can request a username change from there. Staff get free username changes, though.

I don't have a problem with members changing their usernames. I guess it can get confusing if people change their usernames a lot, but I think users should have the right to do. I also think it's fun when everyone changes their usernames to Halloween names or Christmas names during the holiday season.

If a member PMs me asking for me to change his username for him, I'm going to do it. It takes like two seconds for me to do it, so it's not like I'm having to go out of my way.

I do not see an issue with users changing their names. However, if the user is constantly doing it, then I might consider putting something into place where they can only change the name once every so often.

It is fine to allow changing nicknames once in a while. But, if a user is constantly changing nickname, that's a bit of a red flag.

If I own a forum, I may allow users to change nickname once a month.

I don't have a problem with users wanting to change their usernames here on this forum. It does not take me that long to carry out a request like that when I see it. I get it done in a matter of no time. Everyone does it. We also have some very simple requirements here on the forum so users can't constantly keep changing their usernames whenever they feel like it.

I allow username changes! Members can request to change there username. I don't have a problem with this aslong as there username isn't offensive and is following of the forum rules.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds