Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you allow members to sponsor your forums?

Credits
I have been using forums for a very long time now and I have seen almost everything there is to be seen in forum management. I have come across forums where a donation tab is set up asking the members to support/sponsor the community with money donations.

Do you see it as something that's right to be carried out in forum or just a way to suck money from members?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have been using forums for a very long time now and I have seen almost everything there is to be seen in forum management. I have come across forums where a donation tab is set up asking the members to support/sponsor the community with money donations.

Do you see it as something that's right to be carried out in forum or just a way to suck money from members?

There is nothing wrong with that. There are many members who tend to donate money for a good cause and there are many great members who may be willing to contribute. It all depends on the members and the community willing to support you. I may also establish sponsorship if I had a forum.

I think it depends, because a site I worked for had a pretty crazy fan. He would send stuff to people trying to promote us, but he sent some weird things, like one time he included one of his bills, like he wanted them to pay it. The guy even sent a box of junk with our site stickers to a content creator who does unboxing videos. She was confused because he also sent this person a bill and also included junk like an old used VHS tape and other thing.

Now that is not what you want from a member on your forum. It's fine to help out, but if you're going to do something weird, at least bring it up to the site and ask if it'd be okay. But if anything ask for permission first. Even if it's just something simple. Maybe ask.

There is nothing wrong with that. There are many members who tend to donate money for a good cause and there are many great members who may be willing to contribute. It all depends on the members and the community willing to support you. I may also establish sponsorship if I had a forum.

I would say that it's all about the approach that's used by the forum owner when it comes to asking for sponsorship from his members.

Personally, it would look more better to me if it's a kind of support that comes from buying upgrade on the website and not asking for downright paying of money to his either PayPal or cryptocurrency account.

I have done this in the past and managed to get decent money, which I used to pay for server maintenance and domain renewals. However, I no longer do that because I do not want to resort to online begging. A lot of people call this online begging. Instead of asking for donation, I would consider asking users to buy products to support the website.

Some members can be free giving while some are not. The kind of forum members you have would make it possible for get those who would be willing to sponsor your forum or not. I've never done it on any forum I've owned but I won't rule it out permanently for future purposes.

I myself do not see any harm in offering an option for members to be able to donate or even sponsor your forum to help with the upkeep and even new features on the forum.

I feel as long as you are not pushing the donation or sponsor option in your member's faces and it is just there for them to be able to use if they wish, that does not cause any harm at all.

I myself do not see any harm in offering an option for members to be able to donate or even sponsor your forum to help with the upkeep and even new features on the forum.

I feel as long as you are not pushing the donation or sponsor option in your member's faces and it is just there for them to be able to use if they wish, that does not cause any harm at all.

It's definitely something that I don't have any problems with either especially when the donations are going into building the forum to give all the users who contributed a better user experience in the forum. It's only going to look bad in my eyes, when after getting the donations, you won't even put any in the forum. It's wrong.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds