Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

do you allow members to delete their own threads/posts

flame

Reputable member
Credits
has anyone else run into the problem of users that either deliberately to cause mischief or sort of accidentally cause they got drunk go and create a thread with very aggravating posts which really gets others going then they delete their stuff so everyone else looks nasty and they look the victim?

i have found the only way to have it is with post deletion limited to something like 5 minutes in case of duplicate posts where the same post appears twice but after that people prevented from deleting their own material

Advertisement Placeholder
I disabled deleting posts on my board, if you click on it by mistake it deletes your posts without any warning and you can't recover. The delete button is close to the edit button so it become a common occurrence - for me anyway. It'll be annoying to delete your whole post in a click - by mistake.

You should never allow deletion of a thread because of the reason described above- however editing can also be an issue- which is why with a larger forum you should limit the time allowed to at max. 2 hours....

I'd rather have it at no deletion for members and a time limit on the editing of posts/threads for safety. You never know what a member can do whilst your staff are not around!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds