Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you allow guest posting on your forums?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I remember back in the day some forums allowed guests to post message responses without having to register an account. I always turn that off for my forums, as I don't want to risk people spamming nonsense. Do you ever have this turned on?

Advertisement Placeholder
Throughout all my years of running forums, I have never had that option turned on so that guests can post. My main reason for not allowing that is that it would make it easier for not only people to come on and spam nonsense around the forum but it would also give bots a running field to be able to spam all over the forum and that could be a huge mess that I would have to clean up.

I have in the past with this option turned off had bots register and get past the captcha on the forum and the amount of spam they can create in such a short space of time is never nice to deal with.

I do not allow guest posting. If people want to post, they should register on my forum. One of the reasons why I do not allow guest posting is because of spamming issue.

Guest posting should be done by registered members on forums. It should be moderated to avoid spam links. I have a blog and will appreciate guest posts as long as it doesn't contain spam or illegal stuffs. Guest posting helps keep forums active.

I remember back in the day some forums allowed guests to post message responses without having to register an account. I always turn that off for my forums, as I don't want to risk people spamming nonsense. Do you ever have this turned on?

I don't see anything wrong with allowing guest posting on your forum because those who feel convinced enough to add something as a guest will always do it for your forum. Unless they are usually spamming your community, then you have to turn it off.

I had it where someone can post as a guest but when they went to post the actual post, it would prompt them to sign up. I gained a few members this way but likely made some people mad. I would never open it up completely.

If everyone is allowed to post of an the forum, there will be absolutely no respect and obedience to the rules and regulations so only registered members should be allowed to do so.

Allowing guests to post without any registration or verification can indeed increase the risk of spam and unwanted content. Bots and spammers often take advantage of such opportunities to flood the forum with irrelevant or malicious posts. On top of that registered users can be held accountable for their actions, and it becomes easier to moderate and enforce forum rules.

I had it where someone can post as a guest but when they went to post the actual post, it would prompt them to sign up. I gained a few members this way but likely made some people mad. I would never open it up completely.

One thing that I've come to understand when it comes to how users react to some certain setup a forum owner make use of in building the operational standard of his platform is that is not everyone that is going to be happy with anything that you do, so you just have to hope that the majority of the people that are going to visit will be very happy with it.

I don't see anything wrong with allowing guest posting on your forum because those who feel convinced enough to add something as a guest will always do it for your forum. Unless they are usually spamming your community, then you have to turn it off.

I think that guest posting is a great way to increase traffic on your forum. When you receive a guest post on your forum, you can publish it and attract traffic. This is really good for SEO of the forum. However, publishing unique content must the priority in the first place.

If everyone is allowed to post of an the forum, there will be absolutely no respect and obedience to the rules and regulations so only registered members should be allowed to do so.

What's the essence of having a forum when everyone who managed to join the community would not be allowed to make posts on the platform? It doesn't make sense to me as far as I'm concerned. Members should be limited to post when they break rules often.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds