Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you allow gifs as avatars on your forum?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to your forum and the avatars you allow, do you ever allow members to use gifs as their avatar? I know some forums allow it, while some forums don't even allow gifs to work, they'll sometimes just make it a static image and keep it that way. While some forums will gladly allow it.

What is your preference on gifs being used as avatars on your forums?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have seen both forums, and honestly I don't have a preference because I don't give special importance to avatars, but it is true that being able to put a gif on your avatar looks a little more interactive than simply a static image.

If I owned a forum right now I would consider the option of using gifs as avatars.

I am not a fan of using gif for avatars. I have kept the settings to default and I do not know whether my forums allow gif on vatarts or not.

I allow the use of gifs in the forum board posting because they can bring in humour in contents. You can use it as your avatar in the forum but it will be still like a picture. If anyone is seeing it, it's going to be just like a regular avatar and not a gif.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds