Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you allow animated avatars on your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do for some forums. But I set a file size limit, so it can't be a really fancy gif for example. I'm not much worried about people with epilepsy though, as I doubt small avatars have a huge impact on them. But I could he wrong.

It's true that small avatars might have a limited impact on individuals although the risk may be minimal, it's a good practice to be mindful of potential triggers and take reasonable steps to ensure a safe browsing experience for all users.

It's true that small avatars might have a limited impact on individuals although the risk may be minimal, it's a good practice to be mindful of potential triggers and take reasonable steps to ensure a safe browsing experience for all users.
Yeah you want to make sure the gifs or animated avatars are small. Because if you have massive gifs for example, it could slow the site down, or if it's all on the server for the site, it could take up room you could use for other things. It's fine to have small animations, but anything too big could just make the site too slow at times.

I do not allow nude or racial images to be uploaded as avatars on my forum, however, I have no policy against animated avatars. By the way, I do not like animated avatars, I find them to be disturbing.

As long as they're not the type to give someone a seizure, I don't have too big of a problem with them.

I don't mind using animated avatars but I ensure that any animated avatars are suitable and not ones that may cause an epileptic seizure of any kind to any member that may be on my forum that suffers from that.

Most people tend to just use a static image but it's nice to be able to allow members to also use animated ones if they wish to.

As long as they're not the type to give someone a seizure, I don't have too big of a problem with them.

I have never seen any kind of animated avatars that's capable of giving someone a seizure. If it's something that's against the forum rules and regulations, the user would have to take it down. I have seen something like a nude animated avatar used by a member and it was taken down ASAP!

I prefer members not have animated avatars but I don't have a rule against them. I feel they can be very distracting while trying to post a reply. Now, there are some animations that could be really triggering with the flashing lights. If I came across those on my forum, I'd ask if the member could do a more subdue one. There's a diference between gentle animation versus giving one a headache!

I have never seen any kind of animated avatars that's capable of giving someone a seizure. If it's something that's against the forum rules and regulations, the user would have to take it down. I have seen something like a nude animated avatar used by a member and it was taken down ASAP!
I've seen a few overly animated, flashy avatars throughout my forum adventure. Not very often, but some people do use them.

I prefer members not have animated avatars but I don't have a rule against them. I feel they can be very distracting while trying to post a reply. Now, there are some animations that could be really triggering with the flashing lights. If I came across those on my forum, I'd ask if the member could do a more subdue one. There's a diference between gentle animation versus giving one a headache!

Do you know the one that I have found to be very distracting? It's the animated signatures. I have been seeing it a lot lately and I can tell you that they mess up with my visuals whenever I'm trying to use the messaging board in any way. I don't like them at all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds