Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you add reactions for your forum or keep default?

Smokey

Service Team
Service Team
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
If you use a forum software with likes/reactions similar to FB on software such as IPS or Xenforo, do you add new reactions for your members to use or do you just leave the defaults? For me, I just leave the default options within Xenforo as I feel they cover all the bases pretty well as it is. However, I have seen some funny & unique reactions on other forums in the past. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I have reaction options on most of my forums. I like having them as I found some people use it instead of airing their anger in a comment or post.

It's a fun way to vote about things too.

Adding new reactions to a forum can enrich user engagement, promote effective communication, and contribute to a dynamic and inclusive community. Plus it's a cool experience for users apply new reactions.

If you use a forum software with likes/reactions similar to FB on software such as IPS or Xenforo, do you add new reactions for your members to use or do you just leave the defaults? For me, I just leave the default options within Xenforo as I feel they cover all the bases pretty well as it is. However, I have seen some funny & unique reactions on other forums in the past. :)

I tend to leave it at default. There is less need for having lots of reaction buttons or options on the comment section. I see no need for it as there are times that members may not even see the need to make use of all of these reaction options too. So, why should I worry myself much about it?

I tend to leave it at default. There is less need for having lots of reaction buttons or options on the comment section. I see no need for it as there are times that members may not even see the need to make use of all of these reaction options too. So, why should I worry myself much about it?

The default settings is always very convenient to use as far as I'm concerned. It's not everything that should be tweaked in the forum's set up.

There are far more important things to give attend when it comes to setting up how your community's interface is going to be like when it's been used than the reaction settings.

I would like add more, but I haven't gotten around to it. Well, what I got now isn't bad. It's just the default stuff. Anyway, I like to keep my forum cutting edge with creative ideas.

As far as I'm concerned, the default emotion reactions are more than enough. They usually have like, love, shocked, sad, angry and thanks reactions most of the time. I believe that's more than enough reaction for one to choose from.

My priority is on good quality content, I do not give much emphasis on appearance and other decorative items, including custom reactions. I always keep everything to default, I use very extensions on my forum. Sometimes I even work on the default theme.

Content is always supposed to be the priority when it comes to running a community because that is actually what is going to keep people from engaging and being active. It is going to bring activity to your community and the reactions are just things to beautify your community. They don't even add much when it comes to helping you community to generate money for you.

I use Jcink and there is no such feature available, though I made a like/dislike code for posts. I don't use it and I don't see too much of a use for it on a coding resource board.

Adding new reactions to a forum can enrich user engagement, promote effective communication, and contribute to a dynamic and inclusive community. Plus it's a cool experience for users apply new reactions.

I can very well agree with you that the addition of those new reactions will be of cool experience for your forum users, I can't say same thing about how it's going to enrich engagements in the forum. The only thing that enriches engagements in forums are contents and replies. This is why most forum owners have more focus on content creation.

The default forum reactions on Xenforo is okay to whatever ends I want my members to use reactions to express how they feel about a comment or thread. I have also have seen some funny and unique reactions on other forums recently but I'm not tempted to go for it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds