Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do we overlook "real world" promotion?

cyberpuppet

Recognized member
Credits
Something that struck me today while I was engaging in random thoughts - whenever I see discussion and advice on forum promotion it is always about on-line or virtual promotion - building back links, what sort of web advertising, getting recommendations on other websites etc.

What about "real world" promotion. Like magnetic labels that go on vehicle doors. T shirts. Getting someone wearing a T shirt filmed at a major sports event.

OK I know that such avenues may not reach as many possible visitors but surely they are worth pursuing?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think this really depends on the nature of your business/site and your target audience. My website is related to my consulting business, and my target audience are large corporations or digital agencies. I don't think refrigerator magnets would work terribly well with that sort of audience. Now, on the other hand if you have a site/business that basically targets the general population, then that sort of marketing may be somewhat more effective.

The best marketing strategies out there are a combination of digital and traditional marketing. You send out emails but at the same time do cold-calling. You market your company and its product range all over the Internet but at the same time, you give out tangible flyers to people at malls or wherever. Hybrid marketing gives you more room for growth.

The best marketing strategies out there are a combination of digital and traditional marketing. You send out emails but at the same time do cold-calling. You market your company and its product range all over the Internet but at the same time, you give out tangible flyers to people at malls or wherever. Hybrid marketing gives you more room for growth.
I've heard that cold-calling these days is actually starting to backfire more than it helps. Also, you have to remember the target audience is key in choosing the right marketing mix.

I've heard that cold-calling these days is actually starting to backfire more than it helps. Also, you have to remember the target audience is key in choosing the right marketing mix.
The problem is that you have all of these bots automatically phoning people up and people are getting sick of being disturbed all the time.
Those bots should be outlawed, in my opinion.

The problem is that you have all of these bots automatically phoning people up and people are getting sick of being disturbed all the time.
Those bots should be outlawed, in my opinion.
Well I agree the robocalls should be stopped, but that's not the only reason. More and more people have cell phones, are on do-not-call lists, etc. ... cold calling just isn't worth it anymore.

Lots of things have been written about it, but here's one article that makes some valid points:

http://brentmkelly.com/3-reasons-why-cold-calling-is-a-waste-of-time/

Real world promotion can be powerful, yes, but it's a lot more costly than web promotion. On the web there are plenty of resources/platforms that you can employ for free. In the real world however many of the available methods cost money. Want fridge magnets or stickers on cars? You better pay up. But once a business is doing well online I can see no reason not to take some of the profits and invest them in IRL marketing.

Magnetic signs to go onto car doors start at under $10. T shirts can be printed for not much more. People can spend far more than that on on-line promotion. While most businesses with a physical product will remember real world I think these things have a role for virtual products as well. It you are driving or walking and people can see your blog/forum/website you may be reaching those you would not otherwise.

The type of business you are involved in greatly determines the type of advertising you are going to use. The reason why online advertising is more popular is because it is much cheaper and more effective in reaching a larger number of people. I personally think that real world advertising is perfect for local businesses or business promotions that seek to gain more public attention. Having such advertising implemented in public events can help you cement your image in a better way. The biggest problem for most people is the high costs involved with real world advertising.

HI

We have to admit that real world promotion is way less effective than the online promotion,but i think that it depends on the nature of your businesss.If you have a small business within your local community you may have some success with the "real world promotion" methods but in my oppinion online promotion are still the most effective.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds