Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do sports stars get paid too much?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you think that sports stars are paid a little too much? I think a lot of people in the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc are all overpaid for the most part. I imagine in your countries some of the sports leagues pay their players too much. How much do players in your country get paid? Any ones with outrageous pay? For example, I think an NFL quarterback recently got a $200M+ deal for like 5 years or something. They get paid good.

Advertisement Placeholder
Sometimes we can think so, for example a few days ago a Saudi Arabian soccer team offered Mbappé 700 million to play in Saudi Arabia, I think he rejected the offer, but really that money is exaggerated, And although most athletes earn what they generate for their clubs, I don't think Mbappé is going to generate almost a billion dollars for a Saudi Arabian club.

I don't think sport stars' pay are too much. Most of these stars make much more money for the team they play for. It is the team that is suppose to do their own work well

I think the amount of money paid to sports men are just too much. Though many people would argue that. Top ranking soccer players earn above £700,000 per week. For me it is enough money for a whole year..

No, they are not getting paid too much. Only the top guys get paid a lot of money. And these guys are the best in their field, so they get paid for being the best. We have tonnes of footballers getting paid peanuts because they're not at the top.

There are doctors out there making obscene incomes for doing some cosmetic surgeries. The reason why no one is talking about them or their salaries is because they're not as popular as sports stars. Same as for engineers, software developers and all.

Sports stars are hugely popular these days, that's why everything about them is under the microscope.

It's not all sports stars who paid enough or too much. It depends on the sports which the sports star is into. If I limit it to football club, it depends which club the player is in, his quality and so on. There are big fish players and small ones. It's the big fishes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, and Neymar who are paid too much.

No, they are not getting paid too much. Only the top guys get paid a lot of money. And these guys are the best in their field, so they get paid for being the best. We have tonnes of footballers getting paid peanuts because they're not at the top.

There are doctors out there making obscene incomes for doing some cosmetic surgeries. The reason why no one is talking about them or their salaries is because they're not as popular as sports stars. Same as for engineers, software developers and all.

Sports stars are hugely popular these days, that's why everything about them is under the microscope.

I completely agree with you in this assessment because it is not actually all footballers that get paid heavy amount of money but those selected top footballers that are more like celebrity kings in football that are paid crazy amount for playing for the clubs that they signed for. There are so many other sectors where those who are involved in it are making crazy amount of money that is very big 100x more than what footballers are making. It's just that more eyes and scrutiny is on football.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds