Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do promotion forums work for you?

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
I get some traffic from promotion forums, but not enough for me to think it's a worthwhile strategy. Do you find promotion forums to be a good place to get traffic?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not particularly. I don't think HolderHost has had any sales from FP or any other promotion forum. If you have a blog or are giving away something for free, promotion forums can be OK though.

Not particularly. I don't think HolderHost has had any sales from FP or any other promotion forum. If you have a blog or are giving away something for free, promotion forums can be OK though.

Well, you're in a super competitive niche. I've managed to get a couple sales from promotion forums, but I don't think I've gotten any from FP.

Well, you're in a super competitive niche. I've managed to get a couple sales from promotion forums, but I don't think I've gotten any from FP.

True but we have had sales from WebHostingTalk which is where basically everybody lists. :p I think FP is great if you are promoting something for free though.

I think they are great when you are just releasing a site, It can help give you that initial push and start a reader base off. Anything after that though is pretty useless.

With many of my sites promotion forums have never really helped. If we are running a competition you may get one or two people sign up but we have never actually received a larger influx of registrations.

In all of my experience it has been stuff such as Word of Mouth, and Social Media that have truly been of great benefit to us, and I am hopeful with my new site (Not Just Cricket) due to the global pull the game has that we can build a good website following and forum based community - although I do know there are allot of cricket sites out there that we are competing with its all about finding that one thing that could set your site apart and playing on it.

I am hopeful that the fact I have been involved with cricket for over 25 years, am very knowledgable about the game, know the ins and outs of the sports, the statistics involved etc that people will see the benefits of being part of our community (along with some of the fun and games we have) and sign up.

But just like with any new site it all depends on getting the name out there and people visiting the site. They may not be interested in the site but if people have been to the site and then speak to others on the internet who are interested in the niche you do have the opportunity of them sharing your link as a new site that they have seen.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds